Chapter Sixty-Three

^ Sky's outfit on 'Sky' ^

THIS IS A 2300 WORD CHAPTER
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

Mia stopped a few paces in front of me, a confused frown on her face. The alarm bells: now I understood. Jameson had told me some of his background once.

"I grew up in Devon," He had told me.

"But at a pretty young age I moved."

Then what? What did he say next?

He was kidnapped.

I wracked my brain some more until—

"I don't know exactly where we were–"

"We didn't leave England–"

"Must've been Yorkshire or something,"

Yorkshire. Well, I've found a link, but what does this mean?

Before I had time to wonder about this question anymore– "Sky!" Mia was shaking my shoulders and I jolted in surprise. She rose an eyebrow at me expectantly.

"I was just trying to see if I had been to Yorkshire before," I lied with a smile.

Brushing past her I said, "I haven't." Mia sighed behind me but soon caught up and together we made our way back to the hospital.

"This is where I say goodbye." Mia said at the start of the corridor and I rose an eyebrow, not sure if she was faking solemnity or if she was being serious.

"How sorrowful." I frowned as if in a deep ocean of sadness. Mia nodded.

I brushed past her, "Yeah. Bye!" I threw over my shoulder as I turned to walk away. I saw Mia roll her eyes in the corner of mine before my back was facing her.

I reached Jameson's room and knocked on the door before opening it and timidly sticking my head in. Jameson greeted me with a wide grin and a beckon in. I plopped down gratefully on the almost comfortable visitors chair and Jameson rose an eyebrow.

"If you think that I wouldn't realise you put on perfume then you need to speak to Dior about changing their scent." Jameson retorted and I sighed at the hint of humour in his voice, but I also couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

I didn't reply and so we sat in a tranquil solace for a few seconds and I took the time to look around the room. It wasn't the same as all the others, but it wasn't a complete contrast. Just more old and outdated looking.

"I know what you're thinking." Jameson spoke up after a while and I almost jumped. I had taken the silence as a reflection time, well, kind of; I looked around the room too. But I also had been fiddling with my fingers and contemplating owning up to murder.

"Oh?" I lifted my head and raised an eyebrow in question at Jameson.

Jameson nodded in response, "You feel guilty for Angela's death," Well, that's one way of putting it.