Chapter Eighty-Four

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

I was going somewhere else, somewhere completely contrasting to the previous location—the girls corridor. See what I mean by contrasting?

Fed up with Jameson's mixed signals, I'd decided, in the heat of the moment, that I would go find my own guardian. So with that spilt second decision, I found myself now heading a million miles away to Cassie's room; the girl even has better wifi than me. During the confusing period of time where Jameson was experimenting with the night shifts, Kim and Harry had been assigned to guard Cassie and I during said night shifts. Needless to say, Harry wasn't really part of the combination anymore, fortunate for me.

Harry seemed to have some sprouting love for me, some sort of petty crush. I may not be able to tell Jameson's true emotions from his armoured ones, but I do know when a guy is running after me. Pun not intended.

I had my phone with me, so don't start accusing me of being a terrible person and leaving Jameson to worry about me endlessly. Okay, you got me, I'm doing exactly that. My phone was currently blowing up, and I didn't need a specific ringtone to tell who it was. I'm still surprised that I don't have a leash yet.

Reaching Cassie's door was a relief, mainly because I was terrified Jameson would run out of nowhere and actually put me on a leash. But also because without Jameson with me, I felt like the most vulnerable and easy target ever. I knocked on the door repeatedly until it finally swung open, sending my knuckles flying into someone's forehead. Oops.

"Ow, Skyey." Cassie whined as she rubbed her forehead. Kim came into view as she walked over to see what the disturbance was, doing a double-take when she saw me.

"Sky?" She asked, as if she got amnesia and forgot who I was, "What are you doing here?" Kim continued to ask. Both girls looked frazzled as they stared at me and I sighed.

"Jameson's being a dick." I told them before inviting myself in, brushing past Cassie and flopping onto her bed.

"That's fine, what's mine is yours." Cassie told me with a sarcastic edge as she plopped down next to me. I groaned in response and I heard Kim laugh.

"How exactly is Jameson being a dick?" Kim then asked and I rose my head, staring at Cassie's Liam Hemsworth poster as I confessed my sorrows.

"He wants me to get a new guardian." I told them before sighing and dropping my head so that my forehead hit against my arm.

Kim let out a whistle, "Low blow, man." She remarked and I nodded my head in agreement as a strangled sound escaped my lips.

"Maybe he was just joking." Cassie put in as she ran her hands through my hair, though, I felt as if this satisfied her more than me. What she said had me pushing myself upright, turning around to give her a pissed off glare.

"He stormed out." I told her and she winced slightly. I rolled my eyes and shifted so I was leaning back on my elbows, looking over at Kim who was most probably silently enjoying this.

"Why does he think you need another guardian anyway?" Cassie asked next, picking up a pink pillow and holding it in her lap as she sat crosslegged. I bit my lip and avoided all eye contact, sitting up properly so I could use my hands to hide away.

All of a sudden, Cassie grabbed onto my arm, "What happened?" She squealed.

"They did the dirty, they did the dirty." Kim sang as she spun around and around.