Chapter Fifty-Nine

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

Upon walking into the hospital, I was immediately embraced with previous memories spent reviving here after getting bashed up. Of which, I still haven't gotten over, and I don't care whether that makes me weak or not.

The place was a commotion. I had no idea why—it was one wound, if you count me then it's two. Sure, I'm positive that Carter's leg was badly injured, but it shouldn't have caused this kind of mess to erupt.

"Are we missing something?" I asked Jameson, who just nodded in response. He put me down on my feet, and wound an arm around my waist to support me.

"Angela?" The girl was in as much of a stir as the rest of the place. This had me worrying even more; Angela was always relaxed—even the threat of her losing her job never really worried her. So what's got her all perturbed?

"Sky," My name was barely enunciated correctly as she exhaled deeply at the same time.

"Come through here." She guided Jameson and I to a room and shut the door behind us. Jameson helped me over to the hospital bed and collapsed onto it, blowing out a breath once I was settled. Which sounded contradictory, considering that everyone is unsettled.

"What's the disturbance about?" I asked Angela as she began to search through the box that was on the edge of the bed. Jameson stayed out of the way and stood by the door—guarding the room, I soon realised.

"There was a breach at one of the gates," Angela spoke, sounding out of breath as she threw medical equipment onto the bed. "They're trying to link it to what happened to Carter and you, but the timings are all off, so everyone's in a fuss." She finished her explanation, looking relieved when a doctor walked in.

"Phew, I thought you were going to make me stitch her foot." Angela rubbed fake sweat from her forehead and I smiled at the first joke I had heard her make since I ran into her.

The doctor rolled her eyes, shooing Angela out, "Try and put some order into that chaos." She instructed and Angela saluted her before hesitantly walking out into the uproar.

"Sorry about the mess." The woman smiled at me before gesturing for me to put my leg up on the bed. I did so and the woman carefully positioned herself so she was in a good place to mend my foot. I winced slightly as she started to unravel the bandages, and then as if by instinct, Jameson was blocking my vision.

Distracted by the sudden movement, I didn't notice when the woman began to stitch up my foot. I tried to not flinch or tense up, since that would probably hurt more. Trying to divert my attention to something else, I found myself gazing over at Jameson.

I watched his eyes narrow as he looked though the door, probably mapping out an escape route if there really was someone who had broken in. As if he felt my eyes on him, he turned around and the frown that had formed between his brows fell and I smiled softly. Jameson had no response, and, instead, it was the needle that pierced my skin that offered us an exit to our awkward moment. 

I winced and turned to look at the sole of my foot, seeing that the woman was done with stitching up my foot. She then re-bandaged the foot before offering me a smile that appeared more like a grimace.

"I recommend that you stay in here for a while, what with all the havoc going on outside," The doctor said as she rose from where she was sitting on the bed. "No one really knows what's going on; it's a lot safer for you in here." She finished, looking at me specifically. Jameson thanked her and they shared a few words before the woman exited and Jameson shut the door behind her.