Chapter Sixty-Five

^ To celebrate the six month anniversary of 'The Hollows Of Hiraeth', I decided to leak a quote from chapter seventy-five. Enjoy. ^

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

There was no way to express the shock and disappointment I was feeling right now, but Jameson certainly could

There was no way to express the shock and disappointment I was feeling right now, but Jameson certainly could. He shoved me behind him, preventing Harry for seeing anymore of me—or me seeing anymore of him.

"I was drunk," Harry's voice was on the verge of hysteria and I practically felt the tense of Jameson's muscles. He didn't know what to do, I knew that much. Jameson obviously sees Harry as a threat but doesn't feel like leaving the building.

I didn't have much time to conclude my observations as Harry spoke up again. "I didn't even know what I was doing," I couldn't see Harry, but I could pretty much hear the emotions pouring out of his voice: desperation, regret, guilt.

"I apologised to her, I told her she could report me if she wanted to–"

"But she didn't?" I interrupted, ignoring the pressure Jameson was applying to my hand. I peeked around Jameson's broad shoulder to see Harry shake his head.

"Who was it? Who was the girl?" I hesitantly came out from behind Jameson, who in response glared at me. Harry appeared even more depressed and regretful than before as his eyes searched for something in mine.

Harry's face scrunched up into a expression holding only depression, "I can't, I'm–"

Jameson lunged for the bars, grabbing Harry's neck and clutching at it.

"To stop the excuses." His voice made me shiver. It was deadly, it was what I imagined him to sound like on the battlefield—but not here.

"James—"

"Who was it?" Jameson shouted, his hold stronger. Harry's face turned pink, almost purple.