Chapter Eighty-Five

^ Cassie's dress (on Maisie Williams who I casted as Cassie) ^

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s O f
H I R A E T H
_________________________________

An hour, and we have managed to find Cassie some shoes. I groaned as Cassie came out of the dressing room with yet another discarded dress.

"Go and find yourself a dress!" She pestered me for the twentieth time as she plucked another dress from the never ending pile of doom and despair. I sighed, deciding to disregard my fall back, which was, "I'm helping you find your dress first." And instead trotted off to the dress racks.

I began to sort through the many dresses, wincing as some of the hangers scraped along the metal bar, therefore, slowly killing my ears. I got to the end of the selection and stared tormentedly at the dozens of racks around me. I'll never get out of here alive.

Too cautious to risk it, I fell onto a dusty chair in the corner of two racks, simply observing my surroundings. Then, I saw it-my dress. It was hanging up on display, but I'm sure if I asked I could find it in my size, not to mention colour. And so I did, I literally ran over to the first shop assistant I saw and demanded that they show me the rack of my dresses.

So here I am, gazing at a million copies of my dress. My fingertips skimmed the edges of a midnight sky blue version of my dress with silver beads embedded into the silk material. I immediately plucked it from the metal bar, checked the size, then, satisfied, I walked over to the changing rooms.

"You found a dress?" Cassie asked excitedly, peering at my choice of gown with admiration. My dress, not yours. Cassie appeared to have just came out of the changing room for the hundredth time, and was now turning away to pick up another dress from her never ending pile.

"Yeah." I answered with a smile before going in to change. I self-consciously tugged on the curtain, trying to make it meet the wall. When it didn't work, I let out a disgruntled groan and flipped it off childishly before sucking it up and stripping. I slipped the dress on as fast as I could, cautious of the fact that there is a gaping hole between the wall and the curtain. Once on, the dress was more confusing than I had realised, and I started to wonder if perhaps I needed to be assisted.

After much brooding and the slip of many curse words, I got the dress to look presentable: no creases, all around the right way, etcetera, etcetera. When finished, I finally looked up and acknowledged how it looked on me in the mirror. It was stunning. Not only that, but I looked stunning. Not to be vain.

The dress clung to every curve like it was made out of memory material, overall accentuating my figure, but also adorning places that weren't so prominent beforehand. Everything looked good with this dress on. The dress-it was a dark shade of cobalt blue, shimmering with silver beads that could be mistaken for glistening diamonds under any light. It literally looked like I was wearing the night sky; dazzling, coruscating, bespeckled with a myriad of scintillating stars. It was both blinding and too good to look away from the same time, and despite the contrast, it was a good mix.

Then I wondered, what a spectacle I'd make if I walked in wearing this-not to brag at all-what would other people think of the dress? What would Jameson think of the dress? Suddenly, I'd lost all confidence in the dress. What if it isn't enough? What if I don't like as good as the next girl? Even worse, what if another girl wore my dress too. God, this is a nightmare.

"Cassie.." I trailed off with uncertainty.

"Yeah?" Cassie perked up and I laughed, figuring out that she was closer to my changing room than I thought. To be honest, I thought her first priority would be to actually find a dress sometime today; leaving Kim in the music section of the factory would not distract her for long.