Chapter Thirty-Four

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

This boy has a thing for carrying me. He also has a thing for carrying me and running, something that he is very good at. I wouldn't mind taking a peak at his muscles sometime.

I'm delirious.

The more flights of stairs that we went down, the colder the air became and several chills ran through my body—I used Jameson's body heat to my advantage by snuggling into his chest.

"Warm?" Jameson's voiced echoed throughout the stairwell and I looked up at him to see an amused expression on his face as he skilfully ran down the steps.

I laughed but the sound seemed to quiver as I shivered again. I nodded into his chest and a short chuckle escaped Jameson's lips. I smiled at the sound as it bounced off the walls.

After a while, we finally came to a stop and Jameson steadily set me on the ground. I leaned against the wall for support as I felt the ache in my limbs return. We were faced with a steel door and I raised my eyebrows at the sight of it; it all seemed very drastic to me. Jameson picked up a metal rod and pried the door open.

After a while, he dropped the metal rod and I watched as it fell down all the steps. Jameson took a few steps back before running up to the door and kicking it open with full force.

My jaw fell as I watched the door fly open.

"And that's supposed to keep me safe?" I asked, shock laced in my tone. I turned to Jameson to see him half smiling at me.

"No." He responded and pulled me into his side. I honestly would've preferred him to carry me again, but I guess he needs to reserve his strength for anymore run-ins with psychotic people.

We walked through winding corridors, and it reminded me of the long walk to our dorm. A faint smile ran on my lips as I thought about it, soon, Sky, when this is all over.

We eventually made it to yet another steel door, but this time, it had a code to open it. Jameson quickly entered the code, and I found myself weirdly unsurprised at the fact that he continued this action for a few minutes as he typed in some really long code. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that it's more than one hundred digits long.

Finally, the door clicked and Jameson pushed it open, guiding me into a cold and dark corridor. The faint smell of damp and dank filled my nostrils and the dust particles tickled my nostrils. I then found myself bending over to sneeze, an enormous shrill escaping my lips as I did so.

A chuckle escaped Jameson's lips and I glared at him.

"Is that really how you sneeze?" He teased with an amused grin playing at his lips.

"Yes," I replied, crossing my arms on my chest, "What's wrong with it?" I asked him and Jameson snorted in response to the question. I groaned and leaned into Jameson's side because, despite his annoying taunting, Jameson was very comfortable to lean against.

Jameson walked us up to a wall and stopped.

I frowned, "That's a nice wall." I commented sarcastically, failing to see what the purpose of standing in front of a wall was. A sound escaped from Jameson and I imagined it to be some weird kind of laugh.

However, we still stood in front of a wall. I turned around to see Jameson's eyes flitting all across the wall, then he outstretched his arm to brush his fingertips against it.