Chapter Fifty-Six

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

And just like that, I jerked away from his thumb and grimaced at how touchy feely Toby had suddenly got. I then proceeded to stand up, the chair screeching against the ground as the anticipation to get away from Toby pushed me into a corner.

Toby grunted, "Any other girl would kill to be that close to me, and then there's you." I ignored his comments as I watched him slip the book into his bag and zip it up.

"You're just not my type." I shrugged, trying not to make the situation a big deal. I began to walk to the door, ready to get back to my room.

Toby caught up with me, "So who is your type?" He asked as he pulled open the door. And there stood a very hot and matured version of Toby—his brother. I have no idea how I recognised him, maybe it was the similar facial features that I picked up on, or maybe I just remembered his face from when Avery first pointed him out.

However, the hot God of the school was not looking at me. Instead, his eyes met his brothers, a small frown appearing between his brows.

"Where have you been?" He asked his brother and I nearly hit the roof when I heard how similar their voices were. Although, Zack's voice wasn't nearly as persistently annoying as his brothers was. Toby was about to respond when Zack's eyes flitted over to me, and my heart stopped when he finally noticed me.

His eyes practically smirked themselves as they trailed down my body, leaving no part unseen. Zack then proceeded to raise an eyebrow, "I see." Were his last words before an amused smirk stuck to his lips. Zack's eyes never left me as he walked away.

I had pinch myself to jolt myself away from my dazed emotions. No, no, Sky. You had this all laid out, he is a fuckboy.

I blew out a breath before I felt my body being tugged forward. I fell slightly before I realised what was going on and got back onto my feet.

"My brother is your type?!" Toby hissed in my ear as we walked away from the canteen. I was so shocked that I tripped over my own feet and fell into Toby.

"What? No!" I exclaimed as Toby continued to drag me through many corridors and up many stairs. Toby gave me a pointed look in response and I sighed.

"I'm in a relationship." My voice was more gentle this time, as if I thought that I'd be hurting his feelings if I told him. How was I to know whether today's antics were playful or serious?

Toby slowed down, "What? With who?" Toby glanced back at me as he shot the questions at me. He had let go of my arm and I walked slowly and calmly by his side.

"With Carter." I told him, not knowing if he actually knew who I was talking about.

"What?" Toby's eyebrows raised and I was about to introduce Carter to him when he continued. "The new kid?" Toby sounded astounded, as if he could never imagine the new kid and the old new kid getting together.

I shrugged, "Yeah, we know each other; actually, we used to be best friends." Toby raised his eyebrows before nodding understandingly.

"Then you became fuck buddies." He concluded—a very incorrect and wrong conclusion. I slapped him in the chest and I heard him hiss as I walked off down the corridor.

Toby soon caught up with me and we walked in an awkward silence before my dorm room came into view. Before we reached my room, Toby grabbed my arm. I raised my eyebrow at his hold on my arm and he instantly let go.