Chapter Thirty-Six

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

I pinched Jameson's hand.

"Sky, what the hell?" He exclaimed and tripped on a step. I clutched his arm as a reflex as I saw my life flash before my eyes. Jameson stabled himself before looking down at me. At first he looked furious, but then a frown made it's way between his brows as he looked down at my fingers wrapped around his arm and my other hand grabbing a fistful of his shirt.

I let go immediately and saw as Jameson's eyes met mine again.

"I want to be put down." I demanded. We had gotten halfway up the steps and I could feel Jameson growing more weak and tired by each step.

"Why?" Jameson asked me and I smiled genuinely at him, gazing up at the weary look on his face.

"Because you're tired." I pointed out and Jameson immediately straightened up. I laughed at his failed attempt to seem tough and alert.

I patted his chest, "Just put me down." I told him and Jameson rolled his eyes but eventually carefully set me down on my feet before blowing out a breath.

"You can take a rest if you want!" I called over my shoulder as I started to climb the stairs. To my amusement, Jameson actually leant against the wall and took a few seconds rest. I laughed and the sound echoed down the stairwell, that's when Jameson shot after me.

He soon caught up—of course he did. I'd like to blame it on my aching muscles but it's mostly down to the fact that I'm just not fit. We got to the last set of stairs and I cheered as I walked up them two steps at a time.

I got to the top and fell down onto the floor, I laid like a starfish as I exhaled and inhaled. Jameson chuckled and, to my shock, slid down the wall and sat down next to me. He was most probably waiting for me, but, nonetheless, it still amused me.

When my breathing had slowed and my heart was beating at a calm pace. I slowly sat up and wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"You know, it's a good job that I don't wear a lot to bed; I'd be sweating for a nation." I retorted as I stood up and tried to air myself off. A slight laugh escaped Jameson's lips as he too rose.

"I'm also lucky that I don't wear a bra to bed, now that would be sweat fest–" I stopped abruptly and my eyes widened. Dismissing the fact that I had just told Jameson I wasn't wearing a bra, I turned to him and exclaimed,

"I'm not wearing a bra!" A string of profanities fell from my mouth and then I turned back to Jameson.

"I need to get a bra." I told him seriously and Jameson burst into laughter. My jaw fell at his rudeness and I slapped his chest.

"What?" Jameson questioned me at the end of his longest laugh ever. I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest, hating how my arms pushed my boobs up. Jameson's eyes noticed it too, maybe a little too much.
Being Jameson, he immediately cleared his throat and walked over to the final door.

I dropped my arms and my pout with a defeated sigh. "Can't I just run to our dorm and get one?" I pleaded and Jameson snorted, but didn't turn back to face me as he opened the door.

"Not unless you're Usain Bolt, no." He told me and walked out. I followed him in annoyance but I instantly lightened up as I saw that the sun was indeed shining.

"Hurry up, Sky." Jameson called from afar and I rolled my eyes but ran to catch up with him. When I reached him, I complained nonstop about my bra problem, until I finally broke him.