Chapter Seventy-Three

^ Something to watch/listen to once you've finished reading the chapter ^

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

I felt hot and sweaty under Jameson's deadly glare, and I even felt my hands grow clammy as I dropped them to my sides. Jameson rose an eyebrow at me, still waiting for a response.

Before he could bury me alive, I jumped in. "I was with the girls, dealing with Cassie." The keyword was definitely Cassie, which hinted at the story that Harry had told us. Jameson immediately caught on and his menacing glare faded as easily as it burned up onto his face.

"How is she?" He asked, the lines of worry, stress and fatigue around his eyes becoming a lot more prominent as his facial expression transitioned from angry to concerned. I brushed past him gently and threw my phone onto my bed, before I did the same with my body.

"Not good then?" He asked and I could hear the amusement in his voice. My eyes were covered by the bed sheets as I buried my face into them.

I groaned and lifted my head, "I think she'll be fine." I told him with a sigh, sitting up and turning around.

Jameson frowned and sat at the end of my bed, "So, what's wrong?" He asked and I smiled.

"Why on earth would you sit so far away? I don't have Ebola, geez." I shook my head at him before moving myself over to him. When I reached Jameson, I sat next to him and let my head drop onto his shoulder as I let out a yawn.

I snuggled into him slightly, smiling as he tensed slightly, before adding. "I think the girls are about to have an argument because of me." I told him, holding back another sigh. With a twitch of surprise, I felt Jameson's arm snake it's way around my body, pulling me closer to Jameson's chest.

"And why would that be?" He asks, his voice loud and clear, indicating the close proximity.

Through a contrasting smile, I said, "Saph thinks it's weird that Cassie told me first." I sigh again, tired already and an argument has only just sparked. Jameson's fingers interlocked with my own and I raised my eyebrows at the sudden affection.

"Well, it's not your fault, you just got it out of her first." Jameson spoke again, the calm tone he so often spoke in being used to reason with me. However, no reason needed—I agreed.

I laughed, "You make it seem like I used some medieval torture method on her to get her to fess up." I told him and his chest vibrated against my head as he chuckled.

He tucked the pieces of my hair, that were falling down and blocking my vision, behind my ear before he spoke. "That's my girl." Jameson tone was partly joking, however, I couldn't help but notice the slight tenderness of his words. The soft and silk tone of voice seeped into my heart and I almost had to recall what he said to truly hear the feelings behind his words.

I sat up and stared at him, watching as his expression turned into one of surprise and confusion at the sudden change of position.

"I don't get this," I voiced my thoughts with regret and Jameson's frown deepened. His lips parted as if he was going to say something but I spoke up first.

"You say that it's against the rules for us to be together and tell me to me in a relationship with Carter instead," I told him, the words bursting out as if I had all of this recited.

"But here we are sitting comfortably together, and here you are saying things with omissions that scream your feelings from miles away and I haven't spoken to Carter in ages." My voice was at an inside voice level, but the tone I used was raging and spoke volumes about my point of view on this subject.