Chapter Seventeen

^How I see Carter's and Sky's relationship (Film: Lol) ^

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E   T  H
_________________________________

I closed the door behind me and collapsed on my bed on my stomach, taking deep breaths. The walk to our room is always so long and workout–like, and so relaxing on my bed is the only thing I want to do right now.

"Where did you go?" I heard a voice behind me ask. I groaned, seriously? Not even five minutes?

I turned my head to the side to the reply, "Didn't you see my sticky notes?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I saw the one word that apparently states where you went." Jameson replied in an 'are you serious?' tone.

"Well, obviously the cafeteria," I shot back, "It's not like they serve breakfast in the gym changing rooms." I continued, poisoned sarcasm dripping from my words.

"Woah, what happened to you in the space of half an hour?" Jameson asked amusedly. God, he is so annoying.

"I thought of your face." I shouted.

"Well, that's a nice thought." I could practically hear the smirk in his voice, not believing my ears when I heard the vain comment. I scoffed and picked up a random pillow and threw it behind me, hoping to hit Jameson.

"You're so full of yourself today." I whined.
I felt something hit my back and I cursed at no one.

"That's how you hit someone with a pillow." Jameson commented snidely. I screeched and picked up the pillow and began to hit him repeatedly with him.

Jameson laughed and snatched it from my hands, abusing me with my own pillow.

"That's not fair!" I shouted as he hit me around the head. I plucked another pillow off my bed and began hitting Jameson back. I cornered him and laughed as I hit him smack in the face.

"Oi!" Jameson shouted in response, making me laugh harder. Jameson took my point of weakness to switch our places and began hitting me repeatedly with his pillow.

I screamed and hit him back on the chest. I slipped under his arms and crawled away. Jameson hit me on the butt with his pillow and my jaw went slack.

"I feel violated!" I screamed as I stood back up. Jameson laughed as I hit him again and again with my pillow. He then began hitting me back and I started to back up involuntarily. My foot caught on a shoe and I fell on my butt in true Screw-up Sky fashion. Jameson started laughing and I was about to join in until I looked at his TV screen.

I think I just about went pale.

It was a news broadcast and I recognised the place as my hometown. I had done so well at forgetting about my past life—because this, whether I like it or not, is my new life—unfortunately, I had to move, but for my own safety; it was the right thing to do.

A lump rose in my throat as my eyes watered. I felt my heart clench in my chest.

Jameson had stopped laughing and turned his attention to the TV.

"Shit." He cursed under his breath and reached for the TV remote but I snatched it away from his grasp. I tightened my fingers around it until my knuckles went white.

"Sky–" Jameson tried to intervene but all my attention was focused on the TV screen.

And then a photo of me popped up on the screen.