Chapter Forty-Seven

^ 'Avery' and 'Saph' ^

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

Tuesday morning, and I'm being killed.

"Can't—breathe—" I struggled to get out of Avery's very tight hold as I felt my ribcage caving in.

Cassie snorted as she filed her nails, "Yeah, ovary, stop squeezing her ovaries." She joked and Saph pushed her off the desk she was leaning on. We all ignored the clatter and scream that came following after as we continued strangling each other—well—Avery did the strangling.

After I came out of my hug with Avery, Saph yanked me over to her and embraced me with yet another bone crushing hug.

"Hey! What about me?" Cassie pouted as she finally made it off the floor. I laughed and pulled out of my most recent hug before pulling Cassie in for one.

"No, but I'm being serious," Cassie pulled away and held me at arms length as Avery began. "We were so worried! You have no idea about the stories that were going around school." Avery exclaimed, the shock and worry evident on her features.

"Yeah, someone started a rumour that the guy tried to switch your left arm with your right–"  Saph paused and I stared at her, bewildered at the ideas this school can come up with.

"Oh wait, that was me." Saph laughed awkwardly and went to sit on the desk that Cassie had been leaning on. That's when our Physics teacher walked in; the whole class started to migrate to their seats and the girls all groaned.

I giggled at their dour moods, but honestly, I was feeling the same. Our Physics teacher, who has gotten married and divorced so many times that we've forgotten her last name—last I heard it was Mrs Burger King—yeah probably not, has seated us miles apart from each other. Big exaggeration.

But Avery and Saph both sit at the front, on opposite sides of the room, Cassie in the middle row and in the centre, lucky me is at the back. On my own. Well, I have Jameson but–

I was snatched away from my thoughts as a big, and very heavy, bag dropped on my desk. My head snapped up and I rolled my eyes when I saw Toby smirking down at me.

"Sorry, did I give you a fright?" Toby asked me smugly, and loudly. The majority of the class turned around to see what the commotion was about, several were uninterested, however, most of them kept watching.

"No, but your face did." I shot back and Toby was so in shock that I swear he fell slightly. Few giggles and laughs erupted in the room but most of our audience didn't hear my outburst. However, a certain someone behind me obviously had.

I turned back to see Jameson trying to keep calm and fight the laughs just after he chuckled—loudly. The other guardians were staring at him, their piercing eyes looking like they can pick out every flaw. They were not impressed with his behaviour.

Jameson soon sobered up and I smiled at his sudden outburst, turning around to face the front. However, it seems Toby got up close and personal—very up close. My nose brushed his jeans as I turned, and not in the place you want to brush.

Toby hummed in satisfaction, "Your nose is a blessing, sweetheart." He commented, looking down at me. Disgusted, I kissed my teeth and faced the front, completely ignoring him.