Chapter Twenty-Five

^ Sky in the outfit I describe 👇🏼 ^

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E   T  H
_________________________________

I jolted awake as something hit me in the face. I turned to my side to discover it was a pillow.

"We have an assembly in half an hour." Jameson's voice rang out from the other side of the room. I narrowed my eyes at him after sussing out what had happened.

"You did not just throw a pillow at me." My voice lowered but I probably looked more half asleep than I did threatening. Jameson turned to face me and I gave him a deathly stare—but he didn't react.

"You missed breakfast." He told me instead and I frowned. I did? Looking up at the clock above my door I saw that it was eleven am. Since it was Monday, the breakfast hours ran from six in the morning (for all those weird early people) until nine (for me).

I bit my lip and confirmed that I had indeed missed breakfast. I sighed and rolled out of my bed. Jameson had left my room and walked into his when I started to rummage through my clothes.

I found a cropped jumper and decided to pair it with my favourite pair of acid washed ripped jeans. After quickly washing, I slipped on the clothes and hung the pendant—that I had received at the hospital—around my neck. I frowned at it, mentally asking it where it had come from, who had sent it.

I groaned in frustration and picked up my school bag to distract myself from the necklace, throwing it on my shoulder and quickly glancing at myself in the mirror. I nodded approvingly and then moved to the door where I met Jameson.

He pulled the door open for me to walk through, but closed it moments after. I frowned as he stared down at my–

"What's that?" He questioned in a demanding tone as he prodded at the necklace. I froze briefly before gazing down at the necklace.

"I received it at the hospital," I shrugged, "I don't know who it's from though." I told him and Jameson's eyes met mine momentarily before he tore his gaze away. He shifted around me so that he was facing my back and moved my hair out of the way. I felt chills shoot down my spine as his fingers grazed against my skin.

I was so focused on this unfamiliar feeling that I didn't even realise what he was doing. Jameson had taken off the necklace and tossed it to the side.

"What the hell?" I sounded more confused than angry. Jameson rolled his eyes in response and I raised my eyebrows at him as if challenging him for a response.

"I didn't like it." He told me with a shrug and I punched him in the stomach. Jameson looked shocked for a moment, and then his expression relaxed when his eyebrow rose in question.

"I didn't like it." I retorted and pushed past him to exit our room, and was halfway down the corridor when Jameson had finished locking our door.

"Hurry up, JJ! We have an assembly to get to!" I shouted over my shoulder and I could've sworn I heard a string of profanities fall from Jameson's lips.

When Jameson and I finally reached the assembly, we weren't as late as I had thought we would be. There were few seats left but it looked as if the assembly had barely started.

I soon found Avery and the other girls chatting and I spotted a free chair in the row behind them. I left Jameson with his guardian squad and walked over to the seat. Then, some random guy came out of nowhere and shimmied into the row and took my seat. Wow.