Chapter Twenty-Four

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E   T  H
_________________________________

Of course, that didn't happen, it never does. I felt a sudden pain in my stomach and I opened my eyes. It was the same black figure. My lips parted as I forced myself to ask the ultimate question—why are you back?

But I couldn't, of course I couldn't. The black figure struck me in the stomach and I screamed out. This is so similar to the first time, I cried out for Jameson as I fought around in the black figure's stronghold.

I shot upright and heaved and heaved. There was cold sweat on my body and my mind was clouded up with horrific memories. It wasn't real.

Gulping down about half of my water bottle, I figured that I wouldn't get any sleep until I've relaxed. I paced around my room, biting my nails and contemplating what to do.

Normally, reading a book would be enough to relax me. However, I was sure that I was going to need more than just relaxation—I'll need a really good distraction.

I looked over to Jameson's room. The light was still on, of course it was. Jameson never seems to sleep so this isn't a surprising occurrence. Something about Jameson's sleeping patterns calmed me a little; at least something was still normal.

I walked over to his room and pushed the door open slightly. It wasn't closed, because that was never allowed, instead, it had merely been left ajar.

I slipped into his room but stopped short when I saw Jameson sitting at his desk with his head down on the table. Is he asleep? If he was awake then he would most probably have looked up at my arrival.

Since Jameson was asleep, or what I assume to be asleep, I began to tiptoe out of the room. But then I found myself pausing for a second—maybe watching him sleep would be comforting? Or just downright creepy.

I could at least try and move him to his bed so he doesn't get any back problems. I shifted back over to Jameson and made it about two steps behind him when a floorboard squeaked and Jameson jumped.

He immediately bolted up, off his chair and turned around to face me. His hair was messy and he looked half asleep, nonetheless, he stood in front of me ready to fight down the intruder.

I rolled my eyes at him and Jameson eventually clocked and dropped his arms to his side.

"Sky?" My name slurred with sleep when Jameson spoke. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and I weirdly found it cute. This was the first time I was seeing Jameson haphazard. Why on earth am I not filming this?

I took a step towards him, "What were you even doing before you fell asleep?" I asked Jameson and leaned around him observe the papers on his desk. My body pressed against his as I reached for them and my eyes widened as I realised what I was doing.

I coughed awkwardly and came to the conclusion that Jameson was way too groggy to remember this. Though, however much he remembers in the morning, he certainly doesn't have much trouble reacting to it right now. He tensed up and I backed up before I did anything that was even more stupid.

I frowned as I flipped through the papers. I saw the words 'security' and 'extra protection' quite a lot. I pulled a sheet from the bottom of the pile and was faced with pictures of people. Scary people. They looked like murders. Okay, Sky, calm down.