Chapter Eighty-Seven

^ Avery's dress (on Katherine McNamara who is casted as Avery) ^

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

Two hours later, and five minutes before the ball begins, I'm looking glamorous in my midnight sky dress, waltzing, or rather rushing, through my room, trying to seek out my lipstick. Yes, five minutes, and I've lost my lipstick. I let out a frustrated screech as I destroyed my bed.

"That's the type of sound you hear when you lose a lot of blood due to being impaled in the chest with a paper thin blade," I looked up and stared at Jameson in astonishment. What a picture.

"Not when you can't find your cosmetics." He concluded his annoyingly elaborate joke and I huffed.

"Of which, is right here, in my hands."

"Look! I do not want to hear your zen toned attitu–"I paused for a minute before swivelling around, nearly falling out of my heels.

"What did you say?" I asked him more calmly than before, then, upon glancing over at his outstretched arm, I could see my lipstick sitting in the palm of his hand. What a devil. Jameson—not the lipstick.

I stormed up to him and snatched it out of his hand, "Did you purposely take this?" I asked him as if I was talking to a child, despite the fact that we were about the same height now that I was in heels.

Jameson gave me a deadpan expression, "Yes, Sky, because I purposely wanted to make us ten centuries late to the biggest ball of the year," He sarcastically responded and I rolled my eyes before moving over to my vanity to quickly put the lipstick on.

"Of which, you bought a dress and spent one and a half hours in the bathroom for, and got yourself an unnecessary date. Now, why would I take your lipstick?"I stared at Jameson in the vanity mirror, shocked at his sudden sarcastic outburst.

"Be nice." I told him as I stood up straight and ran my hands nervously along the strip of embedded beads around my waist. The same strip presented itself as straps on my arms, hanging lower down than the thin blue ones on my shoulder. My voluminous curls had fallen into light ones, on the brink of waves.

"But, you're right," he spoke again but I chose to ignore him and instead plucked my small cross-body bag from my bed and hung it on my shoulder.

"I did purposely take it." Jameson admitted and my jaw fell. I slapped him on the chest in annoyance and watched as he gave me a shocked look before grinning at me.

"You're getting good at hitting." Jameson remarked with an impressed look on his face.

I brushed past him in a rush before giving him a glare, "I can get good at stabbing too if you keep annoying me." I threatened, but secretly the butterflies inside my stomach were having a fanfare over the pride in his eyes. It sounds egoistical; I like it when he pays me attention.

"Who scarred your beautifully pure mind?" He asked, over-exaggerating his shock. I didn't respond, getting myself in a flurry as I frantically shoved all feelings for Jameson out of my head as quick as I could; I couldn't exactly dance with one guy and fantasise about the other.

"Jameson.." I trailed off as I bit my lip and the boy frowned down at me.

"How do I dance?" I whispered to him. Jameson burst out into laughter and I huffed.