Chapter Thirteen

^ Cassie (you'll read about her 👇🏼) ^

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E   T  H
_________________________________

"Sky!" I turned around, tray in hands, to see Avery waving her arms at me like a lunatic from across the hall. I laughed to myself; what an idiot. She was sitting with two girls—of which I could recognise since I'd seen them in a couple of my classes.

I knew for sure that the girl sitting next to her was called Cassie since I had met her in PE—she had short, dark brunette hair that just touched her shoulders. She was quite a short girl, much alike to Avery, and I imagined that I was quite a few inches taller than her.

I started to walk to the table only to feel someone following behind me. I rolled my eyes and turned to face Jameson, almost surprising him enough to have him topple over me. I raised my eyebrows at him but he only shrugged.

"Jameson, seriously?" I whined.

"Yes 'seriously', I'm your guardian." Jameson fought back almost defiantly.

"No offence, but you really need to get over yourself," I began, "And, really, Jameson? What is going to happen for an hour at breakfast?" I asked him.

Not waiting for a response, I sarcastically gasped, "Oh wait, maybe Avery will stab me with her sausage." I stated, with a deadpanned tone, being utterly bored of the premature argument already.

I saw Jameson try to fight an amused smile, but in the end, it turned out that I was the one that burst into laughter.

Still laughing, I punched his shoulder jokingly, "Go eat with your friends," I looked around and saw a group of boys, a few of them waving at me. I turned back around to face Jameson who was shaking his head at them with half a smile on his face.

I kicked his foot, "Go on," I encouraged him, nodding my head in their direction, "Have fun." And with that, I walked off to the girls. As I sat down, I watched Jameson take one last hesitant glance over at me before he slowly strode over to his friends. I grinned from ear to ear when I saw him participate in some stupid handshake with all of them.

"Oi, Miss Sunshine, you gonna sit?" I rolled my eyes at Avery who just laughed at me. And so I sat down and started to devour my breakfast.

"So, Sky," Avery spoke up and I nodded at her, signalling for her to continue, "I want you to meet Cassie," I offered her a friendly smile, even though I had already met her.

"And Sapphire, but she doesn't like that name so call her Sandwich." I laughed and nodded. I actually like the name Sapphire; I think it's a beautiful name. Sapphire had light, olive toned skin and her hair cascaded over her shoulders in dark brown waves, but was still only a little longer than Cassie's brunette hair.

"By the way," Sapphire addressed me with her cup in her hand, "Don't call me Sandwich, please just call me Saph," Sapphire threw a piece of her toast at Avery and I laughed.

"So what's with Jameson?" Avery's voice split through our banter.

"Hmm?" Was the only audible sound I got out as I swallowed some orange juice.

"You know, the way he is always—and I quote—"breathing down your neck'," I sighed, frowning.

"Yeah," I began with a sigh, "I really don't know what that's about, he's just so uptight," The girls nodded.