Chapter Fifty-Four

^ Sky with her hair (I'm dead) in this chapter ^

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

I gasped, "Does that mean you'll buy me lunch?" I almost exclaimed in a jokey excitement. Carter flipped me off and I raised my eyebrows.

"That's not very nice to your girlfriend, is it?" I smirked when he looked at me, flabbergasted—if I may say so myself.

"Really? You'll–"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes at his shock, duh; I wasn't going to say 'no' and throw him out the window. Carter pouted, which made me feel guilty in response, so I pecked his lips apologetically and a grin overtook his face.

Carter looked down, "What are you actually wearing?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at my attire.

I sighed, "I stole one of Jameson's tops." I told him simply and Carter laughed.

"That big of an argument, huh?" He smiled and pulled me closer to him with his hands on my waist.

"It's his favourite top." I whispered behind my hand and Carter shook his head at me, before giving me a quick hi-five.

"Well, you're going to have to take it off." He looked down at the top with a look of disapproval and I slapped his arm.

"I'll take it off in the bathroom, when I'm getting changed." Carter huffed at my response and I rolled my eyes.

"Killjoy." He muttered under his breath and I trod on his foot. Whilst he was shouting profanities at me, I scurried off, grabbing clothes as quickly as I could and rushing to the bathroom.

I threw my hair up into a tight bun on the top of my head and had a quick shower. Once I was smelling, and feeling a lot more cleaner, I wrapped a towel around my body and released my, thankfully not greasy, hair from the bun. It fell down in gorgeous curls and I grinned, deciding then and there that I would curl my hair.

I brushed my teeth and slipped into my clothes quickly so I had enough time to curl my hair. I slathered moisturiser on my face then followed up with concealer, powder, a quick coat of mascara and, very rushed, wings of eyeliner.

Just as I started to curl the other side of my hair, a loud thumping sound jolted the door and I rolled my eyes at Carter's impatient nature.

"I think the world could end and you'd still be in this bathroom." Carter retorted and I watched in the mirror as my lips pressed into a thin line as I shook my head. I instantly stopped though, the heat of the curling wand nearing my hand. I quickly finished and smiled at my, very rushed, but handy work.

I turned off the curler and strode out of the bathroom with some new found flirtatious confidence. Carter raised his eyebrows at me as I brushed past him and walked over to my vanity.

"What's the occasion?" Carter asked with an amused expression on his face, sneakily checking me out—though, it wasn't very sneaky since I caught him in the act in my vanity mirror.

I spritzed some perfume on me and shrugged, "Food." Was the one word that I spoke as I searched for some earrings. I found some simple gold studs and put them in. Before turning to grin at Carter, I picked up a charm bracelet and slipped it on.

"Hey, isn't that the one I bought for you?" He asked, moving over to me to analyse the bracelet.

"Yeah, I must've had it in my school bag on the day I got here. I sneaked it out." I smirked and Carter laughed, picking up my school bag from the floor and handing it to me. I smiled at his manners and slung the bag over my shoulder, grinning when I looked up and spotted my too–fancy–for–school black boots. I slipped them on and zipped them up, happy that I was now around Carters height with the added height from the heel.