Chapter Fourteen

^ Saph ^

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E   T  H
_________________________________

I grabbed the cup from her hand and gulped down the entire contents.

"Woah, feisty." Avery commented as she backed away jokingly.

"Never knew you were such a drunkie, Sky." Cassie chuckled, downing the rest of whatever was in the red cups in a hypocritical manner.

"I'm not." I told them defensively, but Saph raised her eyebrow at me, to which I gave my resolve up, slouching over and laughing, "Well, at least I never used to be."

Avery sighed, placing her cup, of which she had been idly sipping at, onto the table next to us. "This is about what we told you about Jameson, isn't it?" I pursed my lips.

When the girls had told me about Jameson's background with Bert, I had just dismissed the series of events, with a detached silence of course. But, now, it was catching up to me and things were starting to get a little bit uncomfortable between Jameson and me; we haven't had a proper conversation in a while now—it's just been the awkward; "hi," or "how are you doing?"

"Hey," Avery rubbed my shoulder as I relived the past few tense days, "Don't beat yourself up about it." She soothed. I sighed.

"She's right, you know," Cassie's words were beginning to slur from the gallons of alcohol she had consumed tonight as she tried to look pointedly at me. Then, she picked up another full cup and chugged it down.

"You and Jameson have this like–" She fell into the table, her laughter toppling over with her. Taking more than a single push up from where she collapsed onto the table, she soon stabilised herself and continued, "Secret love affair,"  She giggled and finished her cup, reaching for another.

"Okay," Saph began, totally ignoring Cassie's usual weird demeanour as I just stared at the latter with confusion; how can one be so damn crazy without being diagnosed?

"Look," I focused on Saph again, tearing my eyes away from Cassie's slowly crippling sanity.

"Why don't we get back in there" Saph continued, "You can have some fun and then we can figure this all out. Yeah?" Saph offered and I smiled. Nodding in agreement, I dragged her and a stumbling Cassie into the big hall, Avery chuckling to herself, following behind us.

We stepped into the hall and watched as sweaty bodies swarmed the place. After the school day was over, the girls had told me about the party that happens every now and again. It's situated in the old hall—God knows why the academy doesn't use it anymore; it looks fine to me.

I had told Jameson that I was studying with the girls in Avery's room. Instead, the girls forced me into a tight, midnight blue bodycon dress, gleaming with dazzling gems, with overdone makeup plastered to my face.

Cassie dragged me onto the dance floor, where bodies were way too close to me for my comfort. But then I downed a few cups more and no longer felt the discomfort. I was now one of those bodies, circling the dance floor, colliding into and rubbing against random people.

"Hey, lil one." I turned around, as I was addressed, to meet the face of a cute guy. At least, I think he looks cute; my vision is all funky. He placed his hands on my hips and I smiled, but then I played 'hard to get' and swivelled around and walked off, swaying as I went.

All of a sudden, I felt as if the world had tilted over. "Did you really think I'd let you leave?" I could practically hear the boys smirk as I stared down at his sexy butt. Wait—what? He had thrown me over his shoulder and I slipped out of his grasp, landing comfortably on my feet before pushing him up against the wall.