Chapter Ninety-Eight: Part Two

________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

T h e E n d:
Denouement
Part Three/Seven

And so fall away from happiness is what I did. But it turned out this bitter way: that was never the reality. This is the reality. This is my God forsaken life. All of this danger, this bloodshed, this pain—this is the reality.

And, in this reality, I can't escape my routes—what people before me have had to deal with. Just because of a stupid tale. These are the times where you realise, there is nothing humane about some of us humans. I resent them for what they've done to me. I resent them for what they've done to my life.

My blood denies me the reality I thought I had. I don't belong where I thought I did. With a reality worse than a nightmare, I wonder when I'll wake up. I can't breathe. All these uncovered lies are suffocating.

—Sky Forest, twenty-four hours post reality.

I stood shocked for what seemed like a millennium. I stared at Kai. Then I glanced at Eden—this was her wickedness.

"What are you playing at?" I seethed at Eden, who gave me a confused glance in response

"Well, at least have the decency to answer his question." She shot back with animosity in the way she crossed her arms over her chest. I wanted to strangle her. And suddenly I was.

I lunged for her, catching her by surprise and furthermore pushing her to the ground, watching as she plummeted into the floor. I jumped onto her and pulled moves I had only seen performed by Jameson. I was losing the control I probably never had. I'll give her credit; Eden was strong, and soon she gained dominance of the fight. And soon, Jameson was shouting curse words as I was mangled.

"Listen!" Eden shouted, jumping off me as Kai started to claw her, Jameson escaping from Harry's hold and kneeling at my side.

"Don't kill the messenger!" Eden continued, a look of fury flaming up on her face.

"And what's your message?" I retorted whilst trying to stand, with Jameson's help.

"The message about where that pendant comes from," Eden gestured to the pendant which now hung round my neck; I hadn't even noticed that I was wearing it. Who put it there? Before I could throw back a remark about her bullshit, Eden spoke up again.

"The message about your real life." Eden explained, and she knew that she was gaining a victory as she watched my shifting facial expressions.

"Don't listen to her, she's trying to–"

"Oh, come on, Jameson, no one needs your poison." Eden interrupted Jameson's whispers in my ear, and his hand on my shoulder started to apply pressure as he tensed with anger.

I shrugged his hand off, "My 'real life'?" I queried, turning the focus back onto me.

"Yeah, of course," Eden leaned against the wall, her tone of voice convincing me that this was old news. But, when I turned to glance at Jameson, he looked just as confused as I felt. He doesn't know what she's talking about.

"Your parents are apart of the bigger picture, you know." Eden started and I felt my already deep frown begin to crease further.

"'Bigger picture'?" I echoed, but talking to myself; what the hell does this mean?