Chapter Eighty-Nine

^ Jameson in his suit 😍 ^

"My heart was ignited, and all my brain did was submit to this glorifying crime. But that was okay. It's only a crime if you get caught, right?"
—this human, 'The Hollows Of Hiraeth'
_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

I felt the burning passion of a myriad of stars course through my veins. Logically thinking, I knew this was awful. An awful place, especially as it was in public. Awful timing—why? Because we both decided this relationship would not go forward, now that I have a boyfriend. But now we are making out on a couch.

With my dress about to come off, we figured, alongside my logical thinking, that we had to stop—for the greater good. It's not like we couldn't continue later.

It was in that moment that I realised the extent of what we had just done—pillows were strewn across the floor, Jameson's blazer and tie somewhere among the mess. The gap in the top of Jameson's shirt—where I had started to unbutton the garment—indicated that we weren't intending to stop. After a few seconds of admiring Jameson's abs, I looked back up to him.

His eyes were shimmering, like emeralds from the Emerald City—I felt like I had just inhaled the sleep-inducing scent of The Deadly Poppy Field of Oz outside a green glimmer of a city. His lips never looked so kissable, his jawline sharp enough to cut through my skin and into my pounding heart.

"Your eyes are an ocean." He murmured to me as the pads of his fingers grazed the skin on my arms.

"Yours are pond water." I told him in reply, keeping my overly romantic thoughts to myself, and instead pulling out my back-handed compliments.

Jameson pulled a face, "Was that supposed to be romantic?" He asked me, echoing the word that I had thought of moments before.

I smiled, "No." I whispered, laughing after admitting the truth, then feeling my heart jump with joy as  Jameson joined in. The progress of his laugh and smile were phenomenal, yet I still felt as if I hadn't heard the full song of his laugh, only a few notes, just as I hadn't seen the full happiness in his smile, only a fleeting moment. It was something we'd work on.

"We should go," Jameson put in with a saddened smile. Before I argued, he spoke up again, "I know, I don't either." I sighed. How was it that he could literally read my mind?

Not much discussion was needed after that. I didn't want to go, truth be told; I wanted to stay here forever. However, if I did that, I'd be a not so attractive pile of bones, and that wouldn't really be romantic. I still think Jameson would look hot, though. Like a skeleton with devilish good looks. Moving on.

With a sigh and a lot of grouchy remarks under my breath, I managed to get myself together and able to look as if I didn't just make out. Top tip: sort out your hair.

We snuck out of the room and casually joined the rest of the crowd in dancing to Run by Leona Lewis. The song started to spark up emotion when a person came running up to Jameson and me, falling into our arms as we danced.

Shocked, I reeled backwards before looking up to see who had rudely interrupted our almost perfect moment.

"Max?" Jameson realised who it was before I settled my expression into a kind one. I offered Maxwell a sheepish smile but he was too out of breath to take notice.

"What's going on?" I asked, the worry distorting my words as I glanced around. Are we being attacked again? Am I being attacked again? God, I hope not.