Chapter Six

^ Eden ^

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

I checked the clock in the east blocks hall, confirming that the time was five past eight. One problem: I have never been in the east block and my dorm room definitely isn't in the east block. As proven by the fact that my dorm is basically in the middle of nowhere. I feel like I'm cut off from civilisation in that bloody room.

An idea came into my head and I headed towards the direction of the academy's clinic, which was situated in the east block. This way, I could tend to my injuries and then ask directions to the south block, where my dorm was. Don't ask me why the blocks are named after the four cardinal directions—no wonder they're all so far apart.

I pushed the door open and a lady behind what appeared to be the front desk looked up at me, the squeak of the door catching her attention. Her brunette hair was pulled up into a neat bun behind her head and red gloss stuck to lips. She wore massive pearls on her ears and I wondered if they were the size of my eyes. Her glasses were rimmed with yellow and she wore a simple chain as a necklace.

She frowned at me, "Are you new?" She asked as I approached her desk. I nodded my head. Then I frowned, how could one know—and remember—so many people? Do they all injure themselves regularly?

"Name?"

"Sky Forest." The lady smiled in response.

"That's a beautiful name." She complimented me as she pushed up her glasses. Just as I was about to thank her for the compliment, a lady dressed in practically all white pushed open another door and approached me.

"Through here, please." I did as said and followed her into an office room. The theme, fortunately, wasn't all white, as shown by the bright blue walls and maroon coloured floor tiles. She sat behind her desk and offered me the seat on the opposite side.

I sat down and watched as she tapped the keyboard of her computer.

She turned to face me, "Dr Zerski," She introduced herself, "and you must be Sky?" I nodded and she smiled. Unlike the receptionist, Dr Zerski had a makeup-free face, her unruly blonde locks falling out of a short ponytail at the bottom of her head.

"What can I do for you?" She asked me, her blue eyes searching mine. I stopped analysing her and remembered my injuries.

I bit my lip, "Is it okay if I just tell you what hurts and not what happened?" I questioned and she nodded her head, a frown lurking between her eyebrows.

"Well, I'm pretty sure I bruised my back real bad, maybe my stomach too. But my main concern is my wrist, I fell on it badly." Dr Zerski nodded along, tapping at her keyboard whilst I spoke.

"May I see your wrist?" I nodded and placed my right arm on the desk. She picked it up and started to press certain places, checking my reaction to every place she prodded.

"It's not broken," I let out a sigh, relieved. "You have torn a ligament though, so I will need to cast your wrist." I nodded. Great, now what is Jameson going to say when I get in tonight?

"But first," She walked up to a small freezer in the corner of the room and pulled out an ice pack.

"Ice it, I'll be back with a cast." I nodded at her instructions and placed the ice pack on my wrist, wincing at the coolness. Dr Zerski soon came back into the room and helped me slip a cast over my injured wrist, at which I cringed at and bit my tongue in order to prevent yelping.