Chapter Fifty-Three

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

A pounding at the door tore me away from dreamland and I groaned.

"Sky?" A voice called. "Sky, I'm going to be late for a meeting." The pounding continued shortly after Jameson shouted from the other side of the door and I tried to block out the noise. Knowing that I couldn't stop the loud noise any other way, I tossed the covers off me and made my way over to the door in clear disorientation.

I winced as my up-do had strained my hair and my head was starting to ache. I sloppily pulled out the hair tie and didn't bother to look for it when it slipped out of my hands. I let my hair do it's own thing as I searched for the key with half closed eyes. I finally found the key, thanks to another sense that wasn't my sight.

I forced my eyes open to find the lock and then proceeded to fight with the lock and key for a while before the door clicked. I picked up my clothes from yesterday before pulling the door open to face a not so impressed looking Jameson, until he saw me. An amused expression took over his features as he looked me up and down.

Gesturing to my clothing, he said, "Well, I see that you found my favourite top." Jameson's voice was a little more cheerful than I expected and I rolled my eyes, or sort of did, with my eyes half shut it's kind of hard to do anything.

I pushed past Jameson and fell onto my still perfectly made bed, indicating that Jameson either slept on the floor or didn't sleep at all. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the latter was true. The covers engulfed me and I heard a chuckle come from Jameson but I shut him, and the rest of the world, out before falling back to sleep.

And then I wasn't asleep. The covers were torn off me and I squealed at the sudden cold impact.

"Oh—oh shit erm–" The person who ruined my sleep put the covers back on and I slowly opened my eyes to face a very blurry Carter.

I wiped the sleep away from my eyes, "Carter?" My voice was still ridden with sleep. "What are you doing here?" After a few minutes silence, Carter sat on the edge of my bed.

"Are you kidding? Sky, you've missed half of the school day!" He exclaimed and I bolted upright, bashing my head against his. A string of profanities left my mouth as I held my head in pain.

"Well, that woke me up." I retorted before cursing some more at my throbbing head. Carter chuckled and I smiled, peeling away the covers to find Jameson's top revealing things it shouldn't. I quickly hid my underwear, but then an annoying voice in my head reminded me how I had woken up. Great.

I ignored the fact that Carter had seen me in my underwear, and tried to get up.

Carter was immediately trying to pull me down, "Woah, slow down, you might get concussion." Carter managed to pull me back down to the bed and I slumped down next to him.

"Concussion is for losers who hit their heads on brick walls." I complained and Carter laughed, pulling me closer to him.

"So exactly what you did last year at my uncles?" I laughed at the memory, before slapping Carter.

"That was your fault." I accused with a pout and Carter smiled at my expression.

"Scaring you is just too funny." Carter's excuse was feeble, and offensive, and I showed my appreciation of it by slapping him in the chest. Carter swore before chuckling and rubbing the wounded area.