Chapter Eleven

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

I closed the door to the office of hell behind me before letting out a hybrid screech–groan. Don't ask me how it works. I looked over at Jameson who seemed to be acting more than calm whilst I mentally freaked out. His expression was unreadable—until he looked at me.

He displayed a funny looking smile, contorted with many different feelings, "I think we got off easy." I nearly fainted at his words.

"Easy? That was easy?" I was shouting; it was a good job Eden and Mrs Warding had left before us.

Jameson rolled his eyes, "You're only complaining because you were scared shitless." The smile dropped and was instead replaced with an ugly smirk.

I grimaced, and then, pushing off the wall, I said, "I'm going for a walk." I sped off before he even had a chance to reply and I hoped to the heavens that I had lost him.

I made it to the exit doors—which lead to the outside grounds of the academy—in record time, my fast pace helping me to achieve both distance from Jameson and aching legs. I pushed the doors open and reluctantly accepted that I was going to get lost.

I walked around outside for a while, trying to find a secluded place to bury all my worries. I find an opening to a forest and I look into it—I have always been an adventurous soul, and something, whether my desire to adventure or some weird magnetic pull, was pulling me into the forest.

I smiled and closed my eyes as the smell of earth and rain filled my nostrils. As I walked further in, I noticed that the dirt on the ground was of a wet, muddy texture. I soon realised why when I came across a lake.

I grinned in delight once I saw it, it was big and definitely cleaner than most other lakes that I've seen. I giggled as I saw a duck sitting upon the water with three little ducklings trailing behind.

I found a bench and I sat on it, totally mesmerised by this beautiful lake to even question what happened just a few minutes ago.

My head snapped to the side as I heard a twig snap.

As cliche as it sounded, there was definitely someone else out here with me, and it usually isn't the hero stalking you in the forest.

My first instinct was to run, but knowing that that would only get me caught and make me an even bigger bait, I decided to go with a different route.

I pulled out my phone and acted as if it had just started buzzing. I put it up to my ear and greeted the non-existent caller.

"Hey!" A few seconds passed as I nodded.

I smiled, "Sure," I paused again, "No I'm actually not watching Netflix." I laughed. I actually felt like I was in some random horror film on Netflix.

I stood up, "Okay, I'll be right there," I started to walk casually to the exit of the forest.

"Well, I'll see you in like five seconds!" I laughed as I pretended to hear the response, only ending the call when I was a few feet away from the forest. Did that work? Well, we are about to find out, Sky.

As soon as I felt the piercing eyes disappear off my back, I texted Jameson.

SOS. I just left the lake.