Chapter Thirty-Seven

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

"The security gates were breached at approximately ten to twelve last night," The woman, who had introduced herself as Kate, informed us all. She looked over at me, "Sky, at which time did you see this stranger?" She asked me and I pondered the question.

I had woken up at twelve in the morning, and that's the only time I really recall.

I sighed, "Somewhere around twelve." I told her sheepishly and she nodded, writing some notes down on her pad, despite the fact that I lacked specifics.

"What did this person look like?" She fired at me next.

I frowned, "Just like the other times, dressed in all black; a black hoody—I couldn't see their face." I explained and Kate made more notes.

"A gun?" She asked and I shivered.

Clearing my throat, I responded, "Yes, the person held it up to my window and shot two times. That's when I ran." The guardians all shifted in their seats at my recollection. There was an awkward air in the room after my latest piece of information.

"How is it that you weren't hit?" Kate asked as she stopped writing.

I recollected the moment. "The first time I fell, the bullet hit the wall, and the second time, I ducked down and it hit my bed." I told her and she nodded.

"And you managed to find a secret exit in your room?" Her next question was and I nodded. "Can tell us how you managed to find that?" Kate asked and I looked at Jameson in the corner of my eye.

"I found some maps in Jameson's room." I told her simply and felt Jameson's eyes on me.

"Smart girl," She remarked and made more notes, "However, the person followed you?" She asked me with a frown between her brows and it hit me. The person followed me. They knew all of the escape routes in my room. Oh God.

Seeing my reaction to the question, Kate guessed the answer and grimaced before writing down more notes.

"Would you like to change rooms?" She asked abruptly and the world stopped spinning for half a heartbeat. I'd be safe, yes, but where would I be? And who with? Would Jameson follow me to a new room?

I shook my head, "No," Everyone at the table looked at me as if I had three heads—including Jameson. "There's no point, if they really want me dead that bad they'll always find me. It would also be a risk to other people too, if they went looking for me and are prepared to do anything to find me, anyone could get hurt." I explained and the guardians shifted back in their seats, starting to think about my explanation.

"That's true," A new voice spoke and I was shocked when I recognised it as Jameson.

"Maybe it's the security we need to improve," Jameson spoke again and I could see that the guardians were suddenly interested in what he had to say.

"As Sky said, I had maps and diagrams of the schools layout, guard shifts, the security. I've been going over it all," He paused, thinking of his next words. "The system hasn't been updated in a while, maybe we need a new and more complex one." Jameson explained and a few guardians nodded their heads.

Kate sat upright, "You're right, these people could have the all the layouts and plans of the schools security." Kate's eyes widened and she beckoned over one of the guards at the door.