Chapter Fifty

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

"Room one-hundred and fifty." The old lady croaked behind the desk and daintily handed over the key. All the while, I was afraid her bones would crumble and she'd fall to the floor in a pile of ashes. Carter accepted the key and said a polite 'thank you' before grabbing hold of my hand and guiding me away.

"I can't wait." Carter exploded in a sing-song voice as he turned a corner. I laughed and raised an eyebrow at him.

"You sound like a girl." I accused jokingly, slightly surprised at his sudden excitement for a dorm room.

Carter put a hand over his chest dramatically, "What's wrong with being a girl?" He asked in a offended tone—and a very inaccurate girly tone.

Carter then proceeded to put his hands on his chest, coming to an abrupt stop in the corridor. I could see Jameson carefully slowing his pace behind us, probably wondering what the hell this guy is doing—since I'm wondering the exact same thing.

"Are you saying I have small boobs?" Carters eyes widened as he hysterically, and very over the top, acted like a complete and utter idiot. Nonetheless, I bursted into a fit of laughter and soon I felt tears come to my eyes. I bent over and held my stomach as more laughs escaped my lips.

When I finally gathered some of my sanity, I looked up to see that both Jameson and Carter had joined forces just to look at me like I'm insane. Seriously?

"Oh God." I heaved in and out as I tried to regain control on my lungs. I wiped a tear away that nearly rolled down my cheek with a smile. I fell into Carter and wrapped my arms around him in a sloppy hug.

"God, I missed you." I sighed into him and smiled harder, if at all possible, when he wound his arms around my waist. I felt his chin on my shoulder as he moved closer to my ear.

"I missed you too." Carter's voice was almost pained as he whispered, but I quickly brushed it off. Carter wasn't one to be negative, he always had that positive aura around him, one I would've killed to have been around last week, or last month.

And now, I'm around it. I pulled out of the hug and tugged on his arm to keep walking. Carter chuckled and wrapped an arm around my waist and guided me down the hall.

Once we got to Carter's room, something hit me like a truck.

"Wait," I blinked, "That's our room." I pointed to the room that was next to Carter's room, raising an eyebrow at Jameson who rolled his eyes in response.

"Yes, Sky, room one hundred and forty-nine." He gestured to the number plate next to our door, his tone deadpanned.

My eyes widened, "Omg!" I squealed and hugged Carter for the millionth time. Carter laughed and I snagged his key from him, unlocking the door for him. I pushed the door open, ignoring the fact that it hit the wall, and was faced with a room much like mine. The only difference I could see from here is that there is no window seat.

"Hey, Jameson?" I called out, an idea popping into my head. I turned around to see where Jameson had gotten to, and then came face to face with him. Well, to be honest I'm a little smaller than him, so I was looking at his neck. I glanced up to see Jameson looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

I smiled, "Where are we eating dinner?" I asked him, considering that he practically organises everything I do anyway.

Jameson sighed, "The lunch hall." He offered and I nodded, turning back to Carter with a grin on my face.