Chapter Sixty-Nine

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E    T    H
_________________________________

The kiss was a lot more hungry and intimate than before, and it helped a lot to know that I had already kissed these lips before. Passion burned between us, and I didn't even need to think about anything that I did; everything came freely and instinctively. I found my body responding in ways I hadn't thought it could, and I was soon wound around Jameson with my hands behind his head.

Jameson pushed me into the wall, the murder investigation board falling to the ground, and I'm sure if my eyes had been open, I would've seen a swarm of bloody pictures go flying.

At first, it seemed like Jameson was leading the way, but as we continued in our bliss, I found that I had gained more dominance. I nudged Jameson and then began to push him backwards. We soon fell onto the bed, and then I got shoved off him as a pained groan left his lips.

I only rolled off the bed, but it hurt, especially when I hadn't seen it coming. No matter my late reflexes, I found myself up immediately, ready to apologise for hurting Jameson. However, when I jumped back up, I found Jameson lifting up his t-shirt. This time I managed to ignore his beautiful abs, somehow, and my eyes focused on what Jameson was so pained about; his bullet wound.

I cursed profoundly and sat down next to Jameson, trying to get a closer look.

"Sorry!" I felt awful.

Jameson winced, "Not your fault." He hissed through clenched teeth.

"Is my fault, sorry." I apologised again and restrained myself from trying to comfort Jameson which would probably make things worse.

"Shh." Jameson managed to get out after a groan. It didn't silence me, though, and as I grimaced I found myself apologising again.

"Sky, stop apologising and get me some painkillers." Jameson ordered me but my slow reflexes seemed to make a reappearance. As Jameson rose an eyebrow at me, I felt something shift in my mood. I carefully sat on his lap, smiling when I saw his surprised reaction as he acknowledged our new position.

I lifted up his chin and pressed my lips against his. The kiss had barely begun when I pulled back to murmur, "I'll be your painkiller." And then we continued. To be honest, I don't even know where the painkillers are. I broke off the kiss, afraid that I'd damage Jameson further, and the boy smiled.

I laughed, "What?" My words slurred with my giggle.

Jameson's smile never faded as he ran his hands through my hair, "It worked—I don't feel much pain anymore." He told me and I grinned.

"See?" I responded with a smirk, wrapping my arms around his neck. Suddenly, though, it was as if I'd slapped the boy, as, once more, a pained expression took over Jameson's well crafted features. I frowned, tracing my finger over his own frown between his eyebrows.

Jameson seemed to relax, albeit his face seemed to portray many more emotions—longing, despair, anger. I found myself wondering what I could've done, then I found myself thinking aloud.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, my thumb tracing the edges of his clenched jaw.

"Sky, you're with Carter." Jameson's voice was hesitant and strained as his eyes were watchfully waiting for my response. Oh damn. What have I done? I squeezed my eyes shut, thinking about the consequences of my actions. I do care about Carter, but maybe my love for him was based off our close friendship, they do say the space between best friend is the friend zone. And I've just put Carter in it. Talk about friend goals.