7: Josie's 1st Birthday

Tuesday, January 26th, 2021

Thanks for letting us have her first birthday party here, guys." Mercedes said as her and Chord walked in. Those who were already here, The Evans, Santana, Brittany, Kurt and Blaine(Obviously, they live there now), Tina, Mike, Michael, Jenna, Puck, and Quinn, were decorating. There was already a bunch of presents on a table in the corner. Chord put Josie on the floor and she started crawling over to Michael and Noelle, who were sitting on a little pad on the floor. Savannah and Shawn were wobbling around everywhere, and Sam was steady chasing them, making sure that they wouldn't hurt themselves. Brenda had already made the cake, and was sitting on a stool by the counter, icing it. 

"You made two, right?" Mercedes asked, walking over to her.

"Yeah, the little one is in the fridge." Brenda said, concentrating on the icing of the cake. Mercedes nodded and opened the fridge, almost smacking Sam right in the face.

"Dang it, Jenna, get your little butt back over here!" He exclaimed, chasing the little girl, who was fast, just like her dad."One of you could be over here keeping an eye on your kid!" He said, stopping, out of breath. Jenna ran in a circle and ran into his legs. He picked her up."Ha! I finally got you." She started giggling as he tickled her and sat on the couch with her."I'll take you and Sandy for ice cream if you be good, okay squirt?"

"Okay uncle Sammy!" Jenna said, getting on the floor with Sandy and started playing with they're dolls. Sam shook his head and looked at Brenda, who was laughing at him. He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"You having fun over here?" He asked.

"No, my back hurts sitting on this damn thing, and so does my butt." She whined, stopping, and looking at him.

 "Look, I'll finish it for you, and you can go over there and relax on the couch, okay?" Sam said. She nodded and he took the icing from her, looking at the picture beside the cake, which she had been following. Mercedes had it designed, and all he had to do was copy it onto the cake. He finished, and put it in the fridge carefully. Rachel, Finn, Julia, Kitty, Artie, Melody, Ryder, Marley, and Jake had arrived, and soon, Unique and Hunter arrived, meaning everyone was there, except for Mercedes family, who are currently in Hawaii for vacation, which she was upset about. All of the kids, Julia, Michael, Noelle, Savannah, Jenna, and Sandy all had on party hats, whereas Josie had on a little crown, which Kurt had put on her. Chord was standing in the kitchen with Sam, and Josie crawled in their, and went right to him, using the leg of his pants to pull her self up, and then held her hands up, repeatedly saying,

"Dada, dada, dada, dada!" He picked her up laughing.

"What, baby?" He asked. She put her head on his shoulder and sucked on her paci. He smiled.

"At least she didn't come to me this time. Last time she though I was you."

"Yeah, and she started crying when she realized you weren't me."

"I remember, that was so pitiful. Her poking that lip out and pouting before she started bawling." Sam said, making Chord laugh again.

"How's Brenda doing?" Chord asked, sitting Josie on the counter, making sure she didn't fall off or hurt herself.

"She's doing okay, besides the fact that her back and feet hurt all the time, but that's to be expected." Sam said. Chord nodded.

"I'm happy she agreed to do it, because they deserve to be parents."

"I know, I am too. It's gonna be weird watching her breastfeed."

"Yeah, it definitely will. I used to watch Mercedes do it, not that weird kind of watching, but it looked so weird to me."

"Did you ever get to feed Josie yourself?" Sam asked. Chord nodded.

"Yeah, she used this breast pump thing to get milk into a baby bottle and that's how I fed her." 

"Oh, okay." They talked for a little while, and it was time to eat. When everyone was done eating, Mercedes and Chord sat on the floor with Josie, helping her open her presents, even though she was more interested in the wrapping paper than anything else. Eventually, a balled up piece of paper hit Chord right in the face. And the person who through it was his own daughter. She was looking at him and giggling.

"Looks like Josie doesn't like daddy today." Mercedes said, and Chord pouted. Josie looked at him again and copied him, and her eyes started watering. She looked at Mercedes, who looked at Chord, who looked back at her. Chord picked her up before she could start crying."All the time, guys. All the time." She said. Chord wiped the few tears off of Josie's face and tickled her, causing her to giggle.

"Give dada kiss." Chord told her, and she grabbed his face and kissed him over and over again, making everyone awe, laugh, or both. Chord laughed and kissed her cheek, then put her back on the ground. After Josie 'blew' out the candles with the help of Chord and Mercedes, the smaller cake was put in front of her while Mary cut the big cake, and stated handing out pieces to everyone. Josie looked at the cake, then at Mercedes, and then at Chord. She smiled at him then started banging her hands in the cake, then getting a bunch in her fist and trying to eat it, getting cake all over her face. Chord and Mercedes were both squatting beside her high chair, and they ended up getting faces full of cake by the time everyone was done eating.