53: Going Home

Thursday, February 15th, 2024

Puck was holding Brooklyn when she decided to drop a little present in her diaper.

"Ugh, ew, get your kid." He said, giving her back to Sam, who glared at him.

"Dude, you act like she pooped in your hand."

"Like Santiago did to you?" Santana asked cheekily.

"Exactly." Sam said, and started to change her diaper. She whined and her bottom lip popped out, so he quickly cleaned her butt and put another diaper on her. He put her little outfit back on and picked her up with out the blanket she'd been in and put her on his chest. Brenda smiled at him and put her head on his shoulder
Dr. Lynda knocked and came in.

"How's everyone doing today?" She asked.

"Good. I'm ready to go home though." Brenda said.

"Well, you both can sign the discharge papers and get ready to go if you'd like." She said.

"Really?" Brenda asked, grinning at same, who grinned back at her.

"Really." She said, and left to get the papers.

"Well, were gonna go to you guys house and wait on you." Santana said, and the four left.

"I'll put on her going home outfit while you change." Brenda said, and Sam nodded. He changed and then Brenda changed. They signed the papers and Sam went and got the car and brought it to the back so that the paparazzi couldn't see them. The car seat was already booked up in the car, so Brenda just held her in her arms as Jenilyn pushed the wheel chair. Sam got out and put Brooklyn in her car seat and buckled her up carefully. Brenda got in the back beside her, and they waved to Jenilyn, and left. Sam drove carefully and slower than usual, but they made it home without him freaking out. Sam got the baby bag, Brenda's bag, and the car seat out of the car. There was a note on the front door.

"What's it say?" Sam asked. She shrugged and took the note off and then unlocked the door and they went in. She opened it and read it out loud,

"It says 'We're sorry we're not there, we decided to let you two have a few hours alone with you're adorable little girl! Let us know if you need us, text or call!~Quinn' "She read, taking Brooklyn out of the car seat and cuddling her to her chest, kissing her on her forehead.

"Well that's sweet, eh?" He asked. She smiled and nodded. He too their stuff up stairs and then came back down stairs and sat on the couch next to her. She'd unwrapped Brooklyn's blanket, so she was just in her little outfit now. He wrapped his arms around Brenda, who smiled up at him. She took her hat off and ran her fingers through her soft, curly blond hair.

"So much hair." Sam said quietly, caressing her hair as well.

"It's so blond." She said.

"It'll probably get a little bit darker. My hair was almost white when I was born." He said, and she giggled.

"I don't care. She's beautiful."

"Like you." Brenda blushed.

"She looks like you Sam, not me."

"So? You're beautiful. And so is she. Meaning she's beautiful like you."

"I just love your logic, Sammy." Brenda said. He laughed and kissed her head.

"Do you want to go try to take a nap while she's sleeping?" He asked.

"No, but yes."

" 'No, but yes'? What kind of logic is that?"

"It's none at all." She said, grinning at him."I'm so tired, but I just want to stare at her forever."

"Trust me, I do too, but we should sleep when she sleeps, so that we can look at her all day tomorrow and later today and not be tired the whole time." Brenda laughed and nodded. They went upstairs. Sam put Brooklyn in her bassinet that's in their room, and they laid in the middle of the bed together, his arms around her.

"I love you." Brenda said, looking up at him. He kissed her on the lips gently.

"I love you too, baby. You have no idea how much I love you. Especially now that you've given me that beautiful baby girl over there."