59: Make You Feel My Love

When Sam and his parents got to the hospital, Chord was sitting in a private waiting room in the maternity ward with Mercedes parents, TJ, and the kids.

"Uncle Sam!" Josie exclaimed happily, and ran over to him, almost tripping and falling. He picked her up and sat across from Chord, Dwight and Mary sitting on both sides of him, trying to comfort him.

"Have y'all heard anything yet?" Sam asked, letting Josie play on his phone. Chord shook his head.

"Nothing." He said.

TIME SKIP

Two hours later, there was still no word from Dr. Lynda, and everyone was at the hospital now. Brenda left Brooklyn with her mom and came to the hospital. The Glee Alumni were there as well. Mary was talking to Chord quietly, telling him that everything would be okay when Dr. Lynda came in the room. Chord stood up, but she said,

"Sit back down." He did, but he looked confused.

"A-Are they okay?" He asked.

"The twins are both in the NICU. They weight 3 pounds and 3 ounces and 4 pounds even. Their lungs aren't fully developed, and they're in incubators, but they will be okay."

"What about Mercedes?" TJ asked. Dr. Lynda looked down and sighed. Chord's eyes started watering, knowing something had happened.

"She lost a lot of blood during the delivery. We're doing all we can to help her, and we're doing the best we can. She's in her room now, but she's unconscious. I'm sorry, but I don't think she's going to be here long." She said."I will be back in a few minutes." Chord's lips started trembling and tears started pouring down his face as he began sobbing into his hands. The girls were crying a long with him, and so was Sam. Sam stood up and pulled Chord up with him, and then just hugged him tightly. They stood like that for the next ten minutes or so until Dr. Lynda came back.

"You can go see Mercedes for a few minutes Chord, and then I can take you to see you're daughters." She said. He nodded and wiped his eyes. Sam clapped him on the back and watched him follow Dr. Lynda down the hall until they were out of sight. He sighed and sat beside Brenda. She wrapped her arms around his waist and put her head on his shoulder.

"It's gonna be alright, Sam." She told him. He sighed again and nodded, kissing her on the head.

Chord wanted to just crawl in a whole and cry forever after what Dr. Lynda told him, and when he saw Mercedes it just got worse. Dr. Lynda left, shutting the door quietly. He sat in the chair next to her and held her hand with both of his. He sniffed and took a deep breath. He stood up and sat on the bed next to her. He wiped his eyes and started singing quietly.

When the rain is blowing in your face,
And the whole world is on your case,
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love.

When the evening shadows and the stars appear,
And there is no one there to dry your tears,
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love.

I know you haven't made your mind up yet,
But I will never do you wrong.
I've known it from the moment that we met,
No doubt in my mind where you belong.

I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue,
And I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love.

The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret.
The winds of change are blowing wild and free,
You ain't seen nothing like me yet.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn't do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you,
To make you feel my love