30: Spa Day & Night Before

Wednesday, August 17th, 2022

3 days before the wedding

"The only reason I'm making you go is because I know how stressed out you've been about the wedding." Sam told Brenda. He was making her go with Rachel, Quinn, Mercedes, Donna, Mary, Noelle, Julia, Josie, Sandy, Stacy, and Savannah to the spa to have a spa day, meaning relaxing and getting nails and hair done.

"Fine. But don't we have to got to Nashville in the morning to make sure everything is set up right?"

"Yeah, in the morning, baby. Don't worry about it now. Me and Kurt have everything handled." Sam said. She nodded and kissed him before leaving with her mom, Mary, Stacy, Sandy, and Savannah. The wedding is going to take place in Sam's grandparents back yard, since they couldn't have the wedding at the lake for some reason, but they were okay with it, and then the reception is going to be held in a big, air conditioned tent at the local park since there wasn't enough room for the tent in his grandparents yard. All invitations had been excepted, and all 185 guests are coming. Everything had been taken care of, and all they had to do was actually get married, and sign the papers and they'd be officially married. Preacher Larry is their officiant, the food and cake has been taken car of. Everything was finished. Sam and Brenda both were getting more and more nervous as Saturday got closer, even thought hey were excited too.

"You still nervous?" Dwight asked Sam, sitting in Sam's living room with him.

"Hell yeah, I'm nervous." He said." But I'm excited too. I've been wanting to just go ahead and get married since the 2nd year we were together, hence the reasoning for the promise ring." Sam said, looking at his dad, and then his grandpa, who laughed.

"Just wait until you're standing at the alter, waiting for her to come out. It'll probably be the longest few minutes of your life, but when you see her, all of you're nervousness will just go away." Grandpa Evans said. Sam smiled.

"Thanks grandpa." There was a light knock on the door and Chord walked in, carrying two car seats. Sam stood up and took one from him, putting it on the floor in front of him and taking Caleb out of it. Chord sat next to him and took Chase out of his car seat.

"Hey, little man!" Sam said in a baby voice, making Caleb smile cutely. They were a little over 3 months and three weeks old now, and they both looked just like Chord. Chord yawned widely and groaned when Chase started whimpering, knowing he was about to cry. He took a bottle out of the diaper bag and started feeding him, and he stopped. Chord started to nod off by the time Chase finished the bottle.

"Chord, wake up son." Dwight said. Chord groaned and opened his eyes.

"What?" He whined.

"Let me hold him, I'll burp him. Take a nap, I know you're tired." Dwight told him. Chord nodded and let Dwight take him, and then he curled up on the couch with a blanket and fell asleep again.

With the girls

"Are you nervous?" Rachel asked as they were getting their nails done. Noelle, Julia, Josie, Sandy, and Savannah are just having their finger and toe nails painted, while the older women got acrylic nails.

"Hell yeah, I'm nervous. But I'm mostly excited." She answered, sighing as she got a foot rub.

"When you walk down that isle and see Sam, all of your thoughts of being nervous will just float away like they were never there." Mary said. Brenda smiled and nodded.

"I know. I really can't wait to be his wife." She said, looking at her phone.

"I can't wait until I get another daughter." Mary said.

"And I can't wait until I get another son." Donna said, and the two mothers smiled at each other.

TIME SKIP

Friday, August 19th, 2022
Night before the wedding

Sam and Brenda have been in Nashville getting the final touches on the wedding done. They'd been there since Thursday. They'd already had the practice dinner and everything, and now Sam was getting ready to leave and go to his other grandparents house, here all the boys were staying for the night.

"I don't want you to leave." Brenda said, hugging him around the waist as they stood on the porch saying goodbye.

"Trust me, if Kurt wasn't making me leave, I'd stay here with you." Sam said, kissing her forehead.

"I know."

"Yo, Evans, come on man!" Artie yelled from the car.

"I'm coming, slow your roll dude!" Sam yelled back, and Artie flipped him off, causing him and Brenda to both laugh."I totally didn't mean it like that."

" I know. Well, you better go before they drag you to the car. I love you."

"I love you too, baby. I'll see you at the alter."