48: Overstreet Baby # 3

Monday, December 18th, 2023

33 weeks and 1 day

"Oh, look at you!" Grandma Evans exclaimed when she saw Brenda. Sam, Brenda, Chord, Mercedes, and the rest of the family are spending Christmas in Nashville. Grandma and Grandpa Evans hadn't seen Sam and Brenda since before she got pregnant. Brenda smiled and hugged Grandma Evans, and then Grandpa Evans."You're glowing!" Brenda smiled.

"Sam says the same thing." Sam winked at her and kissed his grandma on the cheek before going in the living room with his grandpa.

"It's true. You look great as well. Is it a boy or girl?"

"Sam didn't tell you?" Brenda asked, glaring at Sam playfully.

"He might have. If so, I don't remember." Grandma Evans laughed to herself.

"Well, it's a girl."

"Oh, that's amazing! I get another great granddaughter!"She said, hugging Brenda again. They sat in the living room with everyone else.

"How far along are you?" Grandpa Evans asked.

"33 weeks."

"And a day." Sam added, making her laugh.

"So, a little over 8 months?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Are you getting excited?" Grandma asked.

"I've been excited since the day I found out I was pregnant. So was Sam."

"Yeah, but she could barely contain her excitement. She squealed any time someone said something about it." Sam said."But that's why I love you." Sam added, seeing the way she looked at him. She smiled and kissed his cheek.

"How has Samuel been through out the pregnancy?"

"Completely amazing." She said with no hesitation."When I had morning sickness, he would get up with me while I threw up and he'd hold my hair back or rub my back until I was done, and then he'd wait to go back to sleep until I was asleep. He deals with my weird cravings and buys me whatever kind of food I want. He listens to me when I complain about my back hurting or my feet hurting and he gives me foot and back rubs all the time."She said. Sam smiled, putting his arms around her.

"Mary and Dwight raised him right then." Grandma Evans said.

"What about me?" Grandpa asked, pouting. Grandma Evans laughed and kissed his cheek.

"You helped a lot too." Sam said, along with his grandma. They pecked each other on the lips and Josie squealed.

"Ew!" Causing all of the grown ups to laugh.

"You see your mama and daddy do that all the time, Josie." Sam said. She looked at him like he was crazy. He snorted and tickled her.

TIME SKIP

6 PM

"Have you two thought about names or anything?" Grandpa asked as everyone ate dinner.

"Uh..."Sam said, trailing off and looking at Brenda.

"We kinda, sort of have thought about it a few times. We really need to do that. And we need to start working on the nursery and all of that and..."She babbled on and on, starting to freak out a little, so Sam stood up and got her to go in the living room with him.

"Calm down, alright baby? We have time to do all of that. I know you're worried about a lot of stuff, so when we get back home, we'll start on the nursery, okay?"

"Okay." She said, nodding.

"And we can talk about names if it makes you feel better." She looked up at him and grinned, nodding."I love you baby." He said, kissing her on top of her head as he pulled her in for a hug. She hugged him back.

"I love you too." They went back in the kitchen with everyone and started eating again.

"Are you okay? Did I say something to make you upset?" Grandma Evans asked.

"No, no, absolutely not! I started worrying about everything going on, but I don't have to now, since Sam said we'd start working on the nursery when we go back home."She said, grinning widely. Sam smiled at her.

"So, anymore babies from you two?" Grandpa Evans asked Chord and Mercedes. They looked at each other while Josie giggled cutely.

"What does that mean? I'm so confused." Stevie said.

"You're always confused." Sam said, smacking him on the head, making Stephanie start giggling hysterically.

"Are you going to answer the question?" Brenda asked, getting kind of frustrated with them. Chord sat back in his chair and looked at Mercedes nonchalantly. He nodded to her.

"Tell 'em." He said, grinning at her. She smiled.

"I'm pregnant."