87: First Words & 1st Birthday

Thursday, February 13th, 2025

24 weeks and 2 days

Sam finally got over the flu over the last two days, and the kids were coming back home today. When Mary brought them, as soon as Brooklyn saw Sam, she started saying over and over,

"Dada, dada, dada!" Sam's jaw dropped and Brenda grinned widely. Mary smiled as Sam picked her up and kissed her head.

"She started saying it once she realized that she couldn't see you." Mary told him.

"Wow." Sam said, still sort of speechless. Brenda walked over to him and tickled Brooklyn's stomach.

"Can you say 'mama'?" Brenda asked. Brooklyn looked at her for a second, before grinning.

"Mama!" She squealed. Tears came to Brenda's eyes, but she blinked them back and kissed Brooklyn's forehead. Mary left a few minutes later and Sam and Brenda laid in bed with Brooklyn between them. Kelsey and the twins were taking naps in their rooms.

"Before long she's going to be walking, then running, then going to school, then graduating, then-Oh my god." Sam made a sound and buried his face in Brenda's shoulder. She felt the wetness on her shirt. She chuckled.

"It's not funny!" He whined.

"I'm sorry Sammy. It's okay." She said, trying to stop his crying."Are you sure I'm the pregnant one?" She asked. He looked at her and glared, and she laughed."Sam, you know she's going to grow up. So is Kelsey, Justin, and Janessa. So is the twins, who are growing inside of me now. She's always going to be your little girl, Sam. No matter how old she gets, she's gonna be your princess." She told him.

"I know but...It's all just going by so fast."

"I know."She said, wiping his eyes for him."Let's go take a nap. I'm tired." Sam laughed and nodded, kissing her and then kissing Brooklyn's forehead. He got Brooklyn to sleep, and took her in her room and put her in her crib, before cuddling with Brenda and falling asleep.

Friday, February 14th, 2025

25 weeks and 3 days

"Happy Valentines day." Sam said, kissing Brenda lightly when she woke up.

"Happy Valentines day. Can you believe Brook is already one?" Brenda asked him. He shook his head.

"You should know after our conversation yesterday." He said, pouting. Brenda laughed and kissed him before getting up. He followed her and went into Brooklyn's, where she was standing up, holding onto her crib and bouncing, chanting 'dada' over and over again, then began chanting 'mama', which caused them both to start laughing. Sam picked her up.

"Happy birthday, baby girl." He said, kissing her cheek. She smiled widely at him.

TIME SKIP

4 PM

"Hey, birthday girl!' Rachel cooed as everyone began arriving at their house for her birthday. Brooklyn started bouncing on Sam's knees, grinning at her, and everyone else who said it to her as if she knew what they were saying.

"Dada!" She squealed for no reason. Sam laughed

"Hey Brooky!" He said, tickling her, causing her to laugh hysterically. He laughed. Once everyone was there, they ate burgers and hot dogs until it was time for cake. Terry lit the one candle on Brooklyn's cup cake, and everyone sang happy birthday, causing her to clap and giggle cutely. S and Brenda squatted on either side of her high chair and 'helped' her blow out the candle. They took the candle out and Brenda took the wrapper off of the bottom. Dwight started cutting the big cake and handing it out to everyone. Brooklyn looked confused, since shed never ate cake or anything the older people eat. Brittany squatted beside her and tries showing her what to do, so Kurt got his camera out and taped what was going on. Brooklyn need up smashing her hands into the cupcake and attempting to eat it, getting it all over her face in the process, which caused everyone to laugh. Sam cleaned her face and hands.

"You want to open presents Brooky?" He asked her, laughing because of the confused face she made. Sam sat in the floor with her and Brenda to open presents, and lets just say she liked the wrapping paper more than the actual gifts.

I'm sorry this one is short, but it'd late and I've been writing all day. This book is almost over y'all. And I can't believe I almost have 100 chapters! More to come tomorrow, I promise!