27: Jackson Family Reunion

Part 1

Monday, June 20th, 2022

6 AM

"Sam, come on baby, get up. We have to be at the airport by 7:30." Brenda said, gently shaking his shoulder. He whined childishly but got up anyway, kissing her on the cheek and he took a shower. Tomorrow is going to be a family reunion for Brenda's family, in South Carolina. They had gotten everything packed up already, and Chris, Kevin, Donna, Terry and his kids, Lauren, and Blake had already flown out yesterday, and today, Sam and Brenda are going. They had everything in the car and left at around 6:45 AM, and by 7:30, they had everything on the plane and were taking off.

TIME SKIP

3 PM

They got to Brenda's grandpa's house around 3 o'clock, and after they greeted him and her uncles, and unpacked in their room, they laid down in bed and fell asleep, the both of them having jet lag. They woke up around 7 PM, and went down stairs. They both had headaches, Sam's worse than Brenda's since they were always bad.

"Well if it isn't the two sleeping beauty's, come get something to eat, that's probably why you're heads are hurting." Pa said. Everyone sat at the table, Pa said grace, and everyone started eating. After he ate, Sam sighed and put his head on his arms on the table. Brenda rubbed his arm and drank sup of her drink.

"What's wrong?" She asked him quietly.

"1)My head is killing me again, 2) I'm full as hell, 3) I'm tired as hell, and 4) I freaking hate planes." He mumbled. She made a face and kissed his head.

"Pa?" Brenda asked.

"Yes, Tootie?" He answered. Sam snorted quietly.

"Do you have any Tylenol?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because Sam's head is hurting still. He has bad headaches every once in a while since the accident." She answered. Pa nodded and went in the kitchen, since everyone had moved to the living room, and brought back a bottle of water and two Tylenol. He gave it to Sam.

"Thanks, pa." Sam said and took the Tylenol. It started helping a little while later, and they decided to go to sleep.

TIME SKIP

Tuesday, June 21st, 2022

9 AM

Brenda got up and took a shower, doing her hair and makeup. She let Sam sleep in until about 10, and she woke him up. She brushed her teeth while he was in the shower, then got dressed. Once he was dressed, and ready to go, they left a few minutes after everyone else.

"So, where are they having the reunion?" Sam asked.

"At my uncle Mickey's house. He has a huge pond by his house, sort of like ours, but it has fish in it and we can go fishing and everything." She said.

"Hey, that reminds me, I need to take you fishing one day. That's one of the things we've never done together." Sam told her.

"You're right." She said, grinning at him."7 years together, and we've never been fishing together." He smiled and kissed her cheek. They got to Mickey's house a few minutes later, and there were a bunch of cars already there. Sam helped Brenda out of the truck, since she had on a dress, and she didn't want her dress to be flying up everywhere. She dropped her phone on the ground, and slapped her forehead. Sam laughed and picked it up for her.

"Thanks Sammy." She said, and kissed his cheek. She grabbed his hand and they walked closer to the big group of people, who kept looking at them and talking or whispering.

"Goodness, you've grown up so much!" Aunt Florence exclaimed, hugging Brenda."And so have you, you're so tall!" She said to Sam, hugging him as well. After everyone got hugs and talked for a little while, it was time to eat. As everyone ate, Aunt Florence got up in front of everyone and said,

"Everyone, can I have you're attention please!" Everyone looked towards her and she smiled.

"I'm pretty sure everyone knows this by now, but we're going to have a new family member, officially, anyway, since Sam and Pearl A.K.A Brenda, are getting married in August." Everyone clapped and congratulated them. They thanked everyone, with big smiles on their faces."Anyways, we want to ask them to come up and perform a song, and maybe a little dance for us." She said.

"I don't know, Aunt Florence-" Brenda started, but Sam pulled her up and to the front. Everyone clapped as Brenda blushed and Sam grinned.

"What do you want us to sing?" He asked.

"How about a duet of the song Sam proposed to you with?" Donna called. Sam grinned and looked at Brenda. She whispered to him.

"Was this planned?"

"No." He said, but grinned. She raised an eyebrow as the music started, and he put his hands on her waist and pulled her closer to him. She laughed and put her arms around his neck.

(Sam)

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

(Brenda)

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me - I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

(Both)

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

(Sam)

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way (mmm...)
I know you will still love me the same

(Brenda)

'Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen
And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory
I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

(Both)

That, baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
Thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are (oh ohh)

La la la la la la la la lo-ud

So, baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
But maybe we found love right where we are
Oh, baby, we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are

They stood there for a second, looking at each other, and she pulled him down for a kiss, and some of the older people clapped or awe'd.

"That was great, and adorable. Congratulations again on your engagement." Florence said, hugging them. They sat down and Brenda kissed Sam on the lips quickly."Since we're all here, who all has excepted their invitation to the wedding so they don't have to go through all of the trouble to send you another card, thanking you for coming?" She asked, and everyone, including her, raised their hands. Sam and Brenda looked at each other.

"Holy crap." They said in unison.

The Longer Engagementजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें