82: Christmas Decorations

Wednesday, December 11th, 2024

16 weeks and 1 day

"Good morning you two!" Dr. Lynda said brightly as she walked into the ultrasound room and Sam's eyes snapped open and he sat all the way up."Are you okay?" She asked. he nodded and Brenda held back a laugh.

"Not funny." Sam mumbled, rubbing his eyes." Brooklyn is teething and her first tooth is about to break through and she's always fussy and crying, especially when she knows we're trying to sleep."

"And he won't let me get up with her so that I can sleep." Brenda said.

"You both need your sleep. I'd recommend having someone stay with you for a while so you can sleep, because when you have the twins, everything will get worse, I'm not even going to sugar coat it."

"I know." Brenda said and Sam just yawned in response.

"Well, let's get this started, shall we?" She asked and the two nodded. Brenda laid back and unbuttoned her pants, pulling her shirt up like usual. Dr. Lynda turned off the lights and squirted the gel on her stomach. As she moved the wand around, she said,"Both babies are doing fine, and growing nicely. You're measurements are normal. Do you want to know the genders? Because these two are just like their sister, not afraid to show their goodies." Brenda and Sam laughed.

"Do you want to know?" Brenda asked Sam. He nodded and she grinned widely."Yes!" She said happily.

"Well, Sam, good luck. You are having two baby girls."

"Wow." He said quietly, shocked. Dr. Lynda gave Brenda some paper towels to clean off her belly and printed out the ultrasound, before leaving to give them some privacy. Brenda sat all the way up and pulled her shirt back down and buttoned her pants. Sam stood up and hugged her, not saying anything. He sniffed and she hugged him back.

"Hey...What's wrong baby?" She asked.

"Nothing. I'm just happy. I don't know what to say." He said, pulling away but keeping his hands on her waist. She smiled and wiped his eyes for him and kissed him.

"I'm happy too, Sammy." She said, smiling at him. He sniffed again."I think you need a nap." She said and he nodded childishly.

"I really do." He sighed. They left after getting the ultrasounds and when they got home, Sam snuggled up in their bed with Kelsey and Brooklyn, whose tooth had finally broke through while they were gone, and all three of them fell asleep. Brenda sat downstairs with Mary and Donna, the twins crawling and wobbling around everywhere.

"So? What are you having? I have to know!" Donna said excitedly.

"Well, lets just say that Sam is gonna have his hands full." Brenda said, sitting back and grinning at them. They were confused for a few seconds and Mary gasped.

"Two girls?" She asked. Brenda smiled and nodded. They hugged her excitedly.

"What did Sam do?" Donna asked."When he found out I mean."

"As soon as we were alone, he started crying."

"Was he upset that neither were boys?" Mary asked. Brenda shook her head.

"No, he told me he was happy. I told him that I thought he needed a nap and he nodded so innocently I didn't know what to do or think of how adorable he was." Mary smiled.

"He's always been that way. When he was little he'd start whining when he got tired and I'd ask him if he wanted to take a nap and we'd just curl up in mine and Dwight's bed and go to sleep." Brenda smiled.