26: Caleb & Chase Overstreet

Saturday, April 30th, 2022

7 PM

"You'll be okay, Mercedes. I'll be with you the whole time." Chord said, trying his best not to cry along with her. She'd gone into labor and has to have an emergency C-section. She nodded tearfully. he put on the blue pants, shoe covers, hat, and the shirt thing that tied in the back, and sat next to her head. She was on the operating table already, and they had something covering her stomach.

"Take a few deep breaths, Mrs. Overstreet, everything will be fine."Dr. Lynda told her. Mercedes did and she calmed down a bit. The twins are going to be three weeks early. Two hours later, Mercedes was recovering in her room, asleep, while Chord walked to the waiting room slowly. He took a deep breath and walked in. Everyone was there.

"So?" Mary asked.

"Caleb was born at 7:42 and Chase was born at 7:53."He said quietly."Mercedes is in recovery now."

"Recovery? For what?" Stevie asked confused. No one knew she had to have a C-section.

"S-something went wrong and she had to have a-an emergency C-section."

"Sweetie, sit down, you're turning pale." Andrea told him, making him sit in a chair.

"Are the twins okay?" Quinn asked.

"Chase wasn't breathing at all when he was born. I-I saw him. He...He was com-completely blue when he w-was born."He said, leaning forward and starting to cry. Josie, seeing her dad cry, squirmed out of Sam's arms and ran over to him. She hugged his arm and tried to look at his face. He wiped his eyes and picked her up. She hugged him sweetly around his neck. He hid his face with his hand again. Dwight sat next to him and rubbed his back.

"I know how it feels son, so does your mother." He said to him. A few minutes later, he stopped crying and stood up.

"I'm gonna take her back to see Mercedes. If you want to see her, follow me." He said. Everyone followed him.

"Mama!" Josie exclaimed when she saw her. Mercedes smiled weakly.

"Be careful with mama." Chord whispered to her, and sat on the side of the bed with her. Everyone talked quietly for a little while, and someone knocked on the door, and then two small bassinets were rolled into the room, with squirming babies in them. Everyone left to give them some privacy, including Josie, who didn't want to leave, but Sam promised her candy and she left with them. Dr. Lynda put Caleb in Mercedes arms, and Chase in Chord's.

"Once we got Chase breathing on his own, everything came back normal, and you have two very healthy little boys." Dr. Lynda said, and then left the room.

"They're beautiful." Chord said, looking at her. She nodded, tears in her eyes. He looked down at his sons, and then just at Chase, and kissed his forehead, lingering for a few seconds, and decided to not tell Mercedes what he saw. At least, not yet. After they both got to hold each of the twins, Chord texted Sam and told him that they could come back to the room. After the grandparents got to hold them, Chord was holding Chase, and Sam was holding Caleb, and they were standing side beside. Brenda took a picture of them, and smiled looking at it.

"They look like you, Chord." Rachel said. He smiled, leaning down and kissing Mercedes again, whispering to her,

"You did great, you were a hell of a lot more calm than I was." She smiled, then made a confused face."I'll tell you later." He told her. When Santana and Puck got to hold them, Puck immediately started making Caleb's hair a mohawk.

"Leave his hair alone, Puckerman." Chord said, glaring at him.

"God, these boys have a lot of hair." Santana said, running her fingers through Chase's hair lightly."They have lips exactly like yours. Can I call them Trouty numbers 3 and 4?" She asked jokingly.

"No." Mercedes, Chord, and Sam said, all glaring at her. She laughed.

"I'm kidding, they're adorable."