Chapter 2- Escape

"You will be fine Evelyn."I assured myself as I exited the office building.
I quickly got into my car and headed towards Dave's house.Despite being an adult,I was forced to live with Dave and the rest of the family.

As I approached the silver gate of the huge mansion, Bob the gate keeper greeted me and opened the gate. I nodded at him and quickly parked my car. I didn't want to stay there any longer.Without wasting a second I got off the car and headed inside the mansion.

I was relieved when I didn't find Heather inside. Heather, an ingenious,witty woman who owned a magnanimous cosmetic industry,was my grandmother who gave birth to my inhuman dad. No, I didn't hate her but I guess I clearly had no reason to adore her either.She was nice to me however,at the end she always supported Dave's decisions. And of course she had disliked my mother-that's what I heard.

I quickly got into my room, packed whatever I found in the wardrobe in the two duffel bags as fast as I could. Dave had probably sent his men after me. I had to flee out of the mansion no matter what. I could not waste a single second.

I probably resembled a zombie. My hair was clearly a mess, my eyes were red and puffy from shedding those bloody tears earlier.But, I didn't seem to care to manage them. I had to get out of this hell as soon as possible.

As I approached the front door I saw Hannah, one of the oldest maid working here. She had worked for Richardson family for over twenty years.She was the only person in the whole mansion who understood my pains and sorrows.Whenever I felt low, she was the only one who comforted me. I adored her more than anybody else in Richardson family.
She eyed the two duffel bags I was carrying and then she nodded and smiled cheerfully like she always did. I brought my finger to my lips motioning her to keep quiet and hugged her so tight." Oh, Hannah I'll miss you." I said.
She nodded and kissed my forehead."I'll miss you too,Miss. Take care."She said.Her eyes welled up however she quickly turned the other way. I bid her one last goodbye and headed towards my car.

Breathing a sigh of relief,I extended both of my arms to the sides,trying to the inhale the smell of freedom.I was surrounded by skyscrapers, I could see hustle and bustle of people.A sense of victory enveloped me,I felt like a bird freed from its cage and has finally returned to where it belonged.

I felt kind of dizzy, it was probably jet lag.After those stressful eight hours in the plane and not to mention the visa procedures, I was finally here. Here in the New york city.

____________________________________________________________________________

Loads of love-:D