Chapter 58-Let her go

Adam's POV

I had thought I would recover every thing,overcome our distance,resolve our dispute,apologize for the blunders I committed and most importantly make her happy.
Her smiles were everything for me.She stripped my mind bare,consumed every corners of it yet, she completed me immaculately.

Despite the conundrums that surrounded her, I was willing to be with her, know her, fall for her more than I already had. She was a beautiful mystery to me which I was ready to solve whenever she would want me to.
But! I was nothing more than a freak to her,a monster who had anger management issue.
I never turned into one after that encounter  we had yet where did I miss,how did it turned into this?
What  made her feel it was all lust?
It was no where near lust to me,it felt special. It was different. She was like a sun ray that seeped through me,which made my world bright and now that she was gone ,it turned undeniably dim,dull even cloudy. She said she reconciled with her boyfriend,something wasn't adding up.She was rushing everything.It felt she was determined to leave me any how. Her words were bitter, painful.

A sharp,searing feeling had poked my heart when she left.How could I stop her if she never wanted to be with me?How could I go after her when she already had someone in her heart?
The only thing I was doing was causing her pain,I had to let her go. She never had an ounce of feeling that I felt for her.It was only a lust to her. I contained nothing to stop her,I had no right to stop her.
I let her go.
I could no longer stay at the penthouse after she left. Every nooks and corners reminded me of her.I had gone to the planetarium that night and stayed few more nights there. Not to lie I honestly came back every morning hoping to see her come back to me despite knowing my hopes were hollow. The nights in the planetarium were painfully  troublesome as well. I ignored everything,every calls,work in attempt to beat the rejection and heartbreak I was experiencing.Once, I went back to the circuit and was about to engage in a bloody fight.But the flashbacks of her words stopped me.
"...old monster... monster...rich bloke that has anger management issues... "

The opponent knocked me out of my breath and I let him hit me,hit until it wrecked my body or destroy my mind. I took every punches,every blow. I wanted the hits to hurt more, to double up so that it could overcome the emotional anguish burning inside me.
"Warrington! Don't be a pussy...Get up...Fight back."
I had heard a familiar voice among the crowd before everything went black.

Next morning,I found myself in Antonio's den, reeking of strong antiseptic.
"Ran away, ey Warrington? At this age... Tsk..." he jeered in my face.
"What?" I groaned.My body gingerly got up on it's own accord. My hands looked swollen,knuckles were busted; the bruises were aching.Patches of dried blood were flaking off of my skin. A throbbing pain shot near my rib cage when I straightened myself up. My legs felt acutely sore.However,all the pain had vanished into numbness quickly . It was as if I my sensory organs were defunct.

"Your lackey came looking after you in the circuit.You haven't been home for days,I see?"
Antonio said in a derisive manner.One of his henchmen came carrying a tray and placed it beside a bed table near me.

"Where's Cal?" I said glancing at the tiny mirror perched on the other side of the wall.My face looked equally horrid.

"Yeah,you look awful,"Antonio eyed me from head to toe,"I sent him back.I said I had no clue about your whereabouts...Now wouldn't it be f*cking humiliating to watch once an 'almighty' fighter having his ass being beaten into a pulp by that mere wimp, Rampage?"

"F*ck off!" I scowled at his direction,massaging my stiff neck.

"Codardo... Tsk...tsk,"he shook his head and sighed,"What happened to the great Grim reaper? With that match you played everyone now knows the circuit has lost it's fighter and reputation."