Chapter 20-Don't leave me

Evelyn's POV

Shock was what I felt right now. Everything felt so unrealistic. Adam lashed out on me. Is that really Adam?

My mind couldn't process what just happened. Do you have a boyfriend?

What did that mean? Out of nowhere,why did he ask me...
My eyes landed on the picture frame that lied on the bed.
It was inside the pillow last night.

Then,it clicked to me. Nathan.
No.
Adam saw that picture.
I'm sure he did.
The root to this whole fiasco was the picture. He thought that Nathan was my boyfriend. But wasn't he?

Oh,Adam. How am I gonna explain to you?

I had came to the stage where I couldn't even embrace the reality of Nathan in the fear of losing Adam. When?
Since, when did I start feeling this way. Right now, the fear had overcome completely. The fear of losing him. But I couldn't tell him the truth. He might run away from me,if I told him that I killed Nathan.

God... Help me out.

I sinked into the floor. What should I do now?
Adam was hurt,there was no doubt to it. Didn't I say I want to avoid him? This was the right opportunity. Isn't it Eve?
But I knew I was unable. The internal chaos was eating me alive. God...I wanted him, I know I did. I didn't want to lose him. But I couldn't keep him at the same time. I was being selfish again. Even if I shared just a little bits of my past, he could connect the dots and my past could be revealed to him. I couldn't welcome him in my world. It was dangerous.

Lies were my entourage. I should keep using the lie card,like I always did. Such a loser I was.
But I had to do this to protect the people I care about. My world was too dangerous for them. So terrifying that it could be very costly for them and for me too...

I heard some ruffling sound coming from the hallway. Adam was probably heading towards his office.
"Adam..." I called out. He was all dressed up, his back facing me. Hearing his name, he stopped midway on his tracks but didn't turn around.

"Adam." I repeated. No, he didn't turn around. He didn't want to face me. I felt a heavy weight rested on my heart.

"I'll have my breakfast on the way." He said after a few seconds. Then, he started pacing towards the door.

"I can explain." I blurted. I didn't want him to go, not now.

He stopped. Slowly he turned around. His eyebrows were furrowed. "Explain what?" Those green orbs no longer welcomed my presence. His agitation towards me was crystal clear.

"Earlier you- "

"Cut it out." He cut me off and started towards the door again.

"Its not what you think."
He ignored me and continued his walking.
"Hear me out... Please." I said loudly.

He froze for a moment and then he said," Fine, answer me honestly. " he turned around and made his way towards me but stopped. I eyed the space between us.
He doesn't want me near him.

I nodded. He might give me a chance to explain. Probably he would understand. Probably he would embrace me into his warmth...
"That guy..." He paused,"...boyfriend... right?" He questioned curtly.

"Adam...he-I...he is..."

"Yes or no?" He commanded.

"Look, we used..." I stuttered.

"Yes or no?" He said loudly. Anger was dancing inside his eyes.I could clearly see it.

Adam was never this way. Where was the ol' funny,caring Adam? Who was this new guy?

His eyes were demanding the answer.

"Ye-yes." I curled my hands in fist.

Suddenly, a frown marred his face. He didn't utter a single word.

I didn't utter a single word.
Some sort of cold,strange kind of aura was there.

"That explains everything." He nodded and left.

I was alone...
Again.

___________________________________
Hey guys I'm extremely sorry for this late update and also for the short chapter. I'll try my best to update it soon
Stay tuned ;)