Chapter 37-You don't want me?

Evelyn's POV

"Yes,how may I help you?"

"Where can I meet Mr.Callum?" I politely asked a middle aged woman sitting on the receptionist desk on the bottom floor of this huge building.

"Mr.Callum, why do you want to meet him?" Her thin eyebrows arched.

"I've something important to discuss." I charmingly replied.

"Why don't you wait there for a minute?"She suggested to which I happily agreed.
From what I knew,Callum used to deposit those money in my account.Neither I had his phone number nor I knew where he lived so I had no other option than to come here.Going to Adams' penthouse was worthless since they would be at work at this hour.
I was just hoping that I won't be seeing Adam.The chances of not seeing him were high.
Of course a CEO won't carelessly roam around in the workplace. He might be magnanimously relaxing on the top of this giant building.
Just a glimpse of him will be fine.
Shut up Eve.
I mentally smacked myself for having such thoughts.
So near but so far, we're absolute stranger now.
"Were you looking for me?"
A young nerdy looking guy smiled at me flashing his braces.His shoulders huddled together as if he was trying to vanish within himself. A dark baggy eyes behind those bulky glasses seemed to be sunken inside his eyeball sockets.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Callum."

"You're not Callum."

"No,I'm Callum."

"I mean you're not Adam's Callum."That lady might have made a mistake.

"Huh?" He scratched his head."I'm Callum from the Logistic department." He flashed the ID hung around his neck.

"Nevermind. I guess she made a mistake." I slowly backed out from the creepy looking guy.

"Which department Callum were you looking for?" He further asked.

"Uh- he is Ad--Mr Moore's bodyguard." I expressed.

He scrunched his nose and kept scratching his head for second."Ah! You mean Mr.Woods?"

I nodded my head in approval.
"Why are looking for Mr.Woods instead of the CEO?" He interrogated.
I had to run away from here. First,I was not good in interaction with strangers. Second, this guy's demeanor was creeping me out.
"Are you his family member?" He added before I could speak.

"Umm,I kno--"
"Then, they won't let you meet him. Family members of the staffs can only visit in lunch time or at the end of the work shift." He said fixing his glasses.

"Since the lunch hour has already finished few minutes ago. You will have to wait till the work shift ends unless you've an emergency." He explained,eyeing his watch every now and then.

Damn that broken GPS thing. I came here late than the estimated time because of the damaged GPS thing of that old car.I should've borrowed a new car from Kate.

I have to meet Callum.
I can't keep the money.
I must ask Callum to withdraw it anyhow.

"Hey, I can help you if you want." He came a bit near and whispered.

No,thanks!
"Thank you but I can just ask the receptionist over there." I prepared to bolt.

"She won't let you go until you got an appointment.In addition to that, you're here to meet the CEO's bodyguard. I don't think it'll be an easy procedure." He prodded.

Seeing me eye him with a look full of doubt,he again flashed his ID card."I'm a staff here,I can really help you."

"And how will you do that?" I inquired,backing out a little further than before.