Chapter 3-Ghost?

Adam's POV

Bed.

I wanted my bed.

Exhaustion was vivid on my face.

"Thank you for granting your precious time Mr. Moore."Leo,my manager concluded the meeting.

An immediate one. The reason for my exhaustion.

All I could think was going home as fast as possible.

7:00 pm.

Geez, I was inside the hall for about an hour.

After the meeting concluded, I quickly left the conference room and headed towards the elevator not thinking it was important to visit the office once.

I could see Callum smiling at me. Callum was my driver,my bodyguard, even my manager sometimes and also a very genuine man.I never considered him as an entourage though. He was a family.

I loved that guy, he was honest,faithful.He used to drive for my father. Not to mention he was a father figure to me. After my biological father's death, he was the one who look after me,dropped me to school,picked me up. Mom was mostly busy with her modelling company because the finance was hitting us very hard. Callum never left our side even in such difficult times. Few years later Mom got remarried to the CEO of Moore Enterprises, Lucas Moore and my name changed from Adam Warrington to Adam Hughes Moore.

I prefer the latter one.

Even after my transformation Callum remained faithful to me.

"Where should I take you Hughes ? Home or a bar?" Callum said. I didn't mind him calling me with my middle name. My biological father's middle name was Hughes. I kept his name as my middle name after he died.

"No clubbing today Cal. I'm knackered. I need a decent sleep." I said to him with a tired voice. He nodded and I hopped into the backseat of my BMW.

There was too much of traffic on the road. I was exhausted in the very first place and the traffic made me furious as hell.

I sighed.

I squirmed under my seat, tapped my finger, started humming trying to distract myself from the exhaustion I was feeling. All I wanted was my cozy bed. There was a bulky traffic, I could do nothing rather than waiting and glancing outside the window. Manhattan looked same as it was before,buildings were illuminated,people were running here and there to reach their particular destination,everybody seem like they were super busy. It was how life was here. No one cares about no one.

My eyes stopped roaming when I saw...

At the left side of sidewalk I saw a girl. She was in her early twenties may be. Her beautiful blonde hair was glistening. She was slim but had curves on the right place.A long ivory coat covered her which looked beautiful on her. Her face was all blurry from the far but I could tell that she was beautiful.

I had no clue why she attracted me.She was totally not my type. She looked kind of clueless like she didn't belong here,as if she had never been here. I could see her carrying two duffel bags and it looked heavy. "She was so fine." I thought.

I decided to give her a lift which was so unlike me. Never on earth, I had given lift to a girl or brought her inside my car. I never took girls out on a date,because I hadn't met a girl who wanted to know the real me,they only were after my wealth.I had no serious relationship with anybody, I only had flings and I would never take them too seriously. They used to invite me to explore their body and of course I loved that. If I stayed at some girls place I would ask Callum to fetch me right in the morning.

There was something about her that made me feel different. I was so determined to talk to her.The traffic was dwindling and as I was about to ask Callum to stop near the sidewalk, she disappeared. She was there a moment ago but now she was no where to be seen. I roamed my eyes here and there but she was disappeared. Like seriously?

"Did I see a ghost?" I muttered under my breath. That wasn't possible.

I jumped off to bed after having a cold shower. An hour was wasted being stuck in the traffic. That hour would have been really enough to review the documents.

But now.
I clearly need some rest.
I was trying to sleep but all I could do was remember that mysterious girl. I started staring at the ceiling.
I could hear the sounds of rain tapping the window.
She was pretty. Who was she?

I don't remember when my eyes started to close and I fell into a deep slumber.
____________________________________
Please don't be a silent reader vote, comment. I'll update soon
Loads of love.