Chapter 55 - When I'm Gone

Evelyn's POV

Holding each others hand firmly,we walked into a beautiful,verdant park.Our smiles never faltered once. Adam was about to say something to me that was when I was pulled into an obscure blackness filled space.
Down and down I went-a pull so strong it felt as if my body was amputated. A sudden jolt made me open my eyes.
"Adam!"I called out in oblivion. A loud sigh came out of me realising it was nothing but a dream.
Soon after I started getting eerie chills on my body to notice the surrounding around me was different,way too different.The room was dimly lit;it was a shabby, desolate place with the peeling paint on the walls. There was a worn out rustic sofa, few chairs besides the creaky,ramshackle of a bed I was on. I was near to the verge of panicking when I saw there were no windows,no door at all. I sprang out of the bed quickly which creaked louder than ever. The floor underneath me had some kind of faint pale stain. My bare feet instantly started to itch seeing the griminess. However that wasn't the concern right now.
I might have a heart attack soon if I don't find the exit. Plus, the dream of seeing him in front of me, so close, hearing him call my name was still fresh in the back of my mind. The room, the dream, everything was freaking me out to the point of lunacy.
Was I in a dream right now as well?

"You've finally woken up, Lyn!" A voice rang somewhere from a couch placed faraway.
"Got you a bit scared back in the alley,innit?" The familiar voice had got a familiar face now as he got up from the couch he was seated on.

He was there right in front me,smiling.His once bright baby blue eyes now looked dim and drained;his once smooth indented cheek now had a deep scar running up to his temples.
His smile deepened. My heart further sank.
"No!" I screamed shaking my head violently. It must be a dream,some sort of lucid dream,or an illusion.I must be hallucinating otherwise it doesn't make sense at all. How can Nathan be here, here in front of me?

"Lyn!" He called out again moving towards me this time.
I retreated back quickly. Was he a ghost?
"I'm alive,Lyn you don't have to be scared."
I moved back shaking my head until my back hit the wall. The memory of that accident came ramming in my head. I remembered seeing blood everywhere on Nathan's face nothing but blood. I clutched my head as I plummeted on the floor.
"How's it even possible?"I muttered. The face ahead of me kept mingling with the one that was covered in blood.
"I was alive all along."He gingerly moved near me. I noticed his steps were faltering.It looked as if one of his foot wasn't working at all.
"Hold up!" I threw my hands to stop him from nearing me.

"Lyn!"He called.
I was having a hard time seeing him in front of me.He bent his knees and got seated on the floor.
"Whatever you are go away!" I shrieked.
"Ly-"

"Go away!"

"LYN! I NEVER DIED," he came forward and grabbed my shoulders,"I never died.I know it's-it is tough to believe it. But I'm alive,I really am."His eyed watered as he cupped my cheeks.His hands felt cold, cold enough to creep me out. I jerked his arms off me.
His hands then forcefully grabbed mine and placed it over his chest.
"Believe it."He mumbled gazing me with his tearful eyes.
His heart was thumping against my hand as if I were holding it in my hand. My chest twisted,stomach churning,I wanted to puke for some reason. It was too much for me. His presence for me was too much strange,creepy,impossible to chill out about.

I felt a sensation.An unexplained feeling to do something,but what it was I didn't know. How often is that a dead person has a beating heart. I might faint again like the first time I saw him in the rain.
"Lyn?"He called out observing my silence. My hands were still on his chest. I tried removing it but he didn't let me to.
I took a deep breath to somewhat calm myself though it didn't work.
In front of me lay my remorseful past,the first guy I ever loved.
Life indeed was throwing anomalous surprises at me now.
That woman had helped me,I believed that, Ervin being my brother,I believed that as well. And now my dead boyfriend was back, I should be believing this as well,shouldn't I?