Chapter 63-Little did I know?

Evelyn's POV

The stiff stillness in the air suddenly got interrupted by a loud clang. A glass had shattered.

Surprisingly, it wasn't the one I was holding instead it had slipped from the bloke's hand in front of me,who was mirroring my facial expression-My intended fiance William Flynn Harrison.
We both stared at each other trying to perceive the situation that had aroused.
How was... why was he Agnes's fiance?

"Liam,"she had said his name was,"...Apparently the girls father is super rich... We had a dispute... A random bitch..."
Out of all the men on this planet,why did it have to be him?
I felt exposed all of sudden. He knew me,who I was. He knew that I was David Arthur Richardson's  daughter. My facade could instantly be blown any minute and by the looks he was giving me,he wasn't too happy to meet me at all.
I hadn't seen him since the day I had graduated from the new elite college Dave had admitted me post my recovery from the accident.We never actually had a decent conversation once but it was well known in the entire college that he was questionably sweet.He was known to be a gentleman.

"Baby,what's the matter?" Agnes tugged on his arm with genuine concern.

"I'm sorry... the glass slipped." William said without breaking an eye contact with me. I could feel like I was being stabbed with pins and needles.

"It's alright baby,Are you okay?"
William nodded at his fiance.

"Is he the guy you talked about?" Adam sternly asked. He had a hint of authorative tone in his voice.

"Right! I forgot to...guys-this is William and Baby... this is my brother Adam and his girlfriend Eve. Bit clichè that their names are such. But let me tell you,there are definitely made for each other as their names." Agnes cheerfully exclaimed.
My shoulder slightly twitched when she called me Adam's girlfriend. Trepidation was growing inside me at an alarming rate. His presence was a threat to me. I couldn't run or back away because we were already eye to eye. He might tell everything now about us being classmates,knowing my father and also I was that random bitch Agnes despondently talked about. Worse could be,he might inform Dave right away about me.
I could feel the fear oozing out of every tissue of my body.
Adam reached out his hand to shake and William did the same. He was giving  me a side-eye now.

"Baby,Will you please excuse me?" William politely asked his actual fiance. Agnes nodded her head and off he went,somewhere in the crowd. The real tension had began for me. What if he had gone to inform Dave? I was shifting restlessly from one feet to another.
"Did you tell Mom and Dad about him?" I could hear Adam questioning endless question to Agnes like a strict brother. Her eyes were rolling with every question Adam presented.
Both of them were chattering something but I couldn't seem to hear at all. My mind had already gone into a spiral of fearful thoughts.

"Look I'm not against him or anything. But getting married this soon...think about it Ness!"

"Don't make it hard,Adam. We've finally sorted our things out. Besides mom and dad are fine with it...why are you playing the villain?"

"You can't bring someone randomnly to me and claim him as your fiance. I have to get to know him. Marriage is a big thing."

"Can we not discuss this now? You've made Liam nervous already,now don't get on my nerves.I should go look for him." Agnes pushed her brother's shoulder with force and ran somewhere in the crowd.

"What is wrong with her? That dude's parents don't even know that he is getting married. Isn't it weird?" Adam turned to me and said;"Something seems wrong with him."
I weakly smiled at him since I had nothing to say to him. I recalled advising Agnes not to give up on her fiance. I was the one to bring dispute in their relationship all along. How would I be able to face Agnes? William must have said everything to her by now.What would I say to her?
The lies I had made up about my past to everyone had come to terrorise me now.
Adam will also come to know about everything soon. Everyone will know soon after. All of a sudden  I felt alone and bare. The crowd surrounding me looked as if all of them were glaring at me,judging me. I was getting disoriented. I was having a tough time breathing suddenly. I couldn't steady myself even if I wanted to. The fear of Dave coming back into my life had made my heartbeat increase tenfold.