Chapter 21-I Quit!

Evelyn's POV

The sheets felt cold.
I barely slept,tossing and turning around all night. I checked the hallway every minute or two to see if Adam had arrived.
It was the sixth day since that encounter. The last time Adam spoke to me was also the same day.

"That explains everything." Those words echoed in my brain again.
That day he didn't come home, the very next day I saw a shabby Adam;disheveled clothes, five o'clock shadow on his face. It seemed he had killed too many bottles again. I tried having a conversation but he just ignored me.
After that day he avoided me like a plague.

Adam maintained his distance, if we accidentally approached each other. But a word never came out of his mouth. Most nights he was out with Ervin. That's what Callum said. And came home really late. I no longer had to wake him up in the morning, he was up by himself. Breakfast was always left, uneaten.

We lived in the same house but I rarely saw him. I hated how the things were now. I was the one who wanted to avoid him in the first place. But the tables turned and now his absence troubled me, his silence killed me.
Did I hurt him so badly?

I still didn't have the courage to speak the truth. I don't know if I ever will.
All I wanted was the old Adam. I wanted him to come home and shout,"Sunshine I'm hungry."

So many times I tried creating a conversation, hoping that he would listen to me. But he didn't. He always gave me a cold shoulder.
I wanted to fix this. How?

I realised I had only slept for an hour or two since the alarm went off at seven a.m. I jumped out of the bed and opened the door to hear the noises. NONE.
Adam hadn't arrived yet?
Where does this guy go at night?

I followed my morning routine. Cooking the breakfast. I made it for two as usual. I know he hadn't call for the breakfast since that day. But he might want to eat it someday, right?
But that day isn't today.
My phone vibrated in my apron. A part of me was hoping that it was Adam.
But...
Shar's name displayed on the screen.
"Hello, sister from another mister." She chirped.
Thank God, I still have her or else I would have been the loneliest person in the planet.
"Supp?"

"The same." I said.

"You guys haven't sorted it out yet?" She yelled.

"He treats me like a plague."

"Fuck him. Eve, tell him that him that he misunderstood. You don't want this to keep going, do you?"
I told her that Adam saw my ex- boyfriend's picture and misunderstood him as my boyfriend. Nothing more after that.
She immediately asked as to why I kept the picture of an ex to which I lied saying that I accidentally packed it with my luggage. Of course I couldn't tell her the truth as well. I've already lost the people that were close to me. Nathan,Paisley,Hannah and I didn't want Adam and Sharon to be the next.

"Shar I'm clueless."

"Just go and spill the truth. I don't know for whatever reason you kept that photo till now, but throw it. It was a past."
Only if it was easy to forget that horrible past.
"He doesn't want to hear me out." I said after a moment.

"Oh girl. Grab his collar and spit on his face. He will listen for sure."

I chuckled. " I'm thinking. I'll find some way."
"Don't just think. Do it bitch. Before it's too late." She spitted.