Chapter 7-Not My Master

Evelyn's POV

What  the f*ck?

Where have I been?

Do I know him?

He called me Sunshine.

Gordon Bennet!

Who the bloody hell is this guy?

Wait a minute, he must be the little master.

"Ah,Master Adam is here." Claire nearly blasted my ear buds. Shut up you crazy woman.. I wanted to shout at her. I wasn't used to this loud talking and all. Dave's house was so silent that one could hear their organs functioning inside.

"Clay,you need to learn to speak softly." Lucas said, climbing down the winding staircase. Claire presented a huge grin to Lucas.

"Hello there,son. How are you?" I shifted my gaze back to the so called little master. He was still looking at me. "I'm doing great, Dad." He waved back, his gaze still fixed on me.

Claire was right.He was an àrsehole, he was hitting on me. I can't work for someone like him.

But I didn't have a safe choice. Good luck,Evelyn.

"Look who is here. What's so important than having dinner with your parents?" Juliana frowned.

"Mom, I'm a busy person now. I did show up today, now please don't give me that i-am-your-mother-look."

"Whatever..." Juliana rolled her eyes, still upset over her son's absence the day before.

"Julee, let it be. C'mon, everybody let's eat." Lucas said.
Before I could pull the chair to be seated.Claire dragged me towards the kitchen." What is it? Crazy?" I groaned.

"Its you who is acting crazy. We are maids, we don't eat with them."

"Thank you for reminding my position." I replied sarcastically.

"Stay here, only show up when they call you. There is a thick air of tension between the son and mother." Claire turned away.
"Oh,Eve." She turned back to me.

"Yes?"

"Eat something."

She was an caring arse after all. I munched some toasts placed on the plate. I could hear grunts and shouts coming from the living room.
Geez, shit has got serious.

"You won't let me take care of you,Adam, I'm your mother." I could hear Juliana shouting, a hint of hurt in her voice.

"Mom, I am okay on my own. You don't have to do anything. Don't stress yourself for Christ sake."

I slowly tiptoed to the door near the dining room.

"No, you are not. Look, you have lost  three pounds this month.  I am sending a maid to look after you no matter what."

"Argh, Mom you don't have to do this. I am completely fine. Besides there is Callum to look after me." Greek god groaned.

"I have to do this. She will cook for you, look after your penthouse. It'll be easier for you too. " Juliana said beaming from ear to ear.