Chapter 30.2- You have me now

Evelyn's POV

"Till then, stay safe and unnoticed."were the last words she said before she left not forgetting to ask the other guy to drop me at the place I was currently staying in. I couldn't digest everything,it was too much for me.
However, those words made me want to believe her. It made me want to suppress my curiosity regarding the truth of me and Ervin.I was willing to let it go until she returned. I wanted to believe that she won't go back and spill about my hideout to Dave.

Just when I was dealing with a heartache, she had dropped a big bomb over me, a bomb filled with so many questions.She asked me not think? I know I was thinking so many things and I was no near to fine.

Was Ervin fine?
I still had to thank him for the day before.How?
How was I going to face him now?

I was standing idly on Sharon's front porch,looking over Thorpe's mansion every few seconds.
He knew the truth too, a day before me but he did. He was probably lying somewhere trying to digest everything like I was.

"Why the hell are you standing there looking like a scarecrow?" A high pitched voice snapped me out of my daze.

"Huh?"

"Yes,I'm talking to you,Miss world." Sharon snapped her fingers and waved her hand at me.
"Miss world?" I arched my brows.
"The world is revolving around you Evelyn." She sighed.

"I need some sleep Shar." Ignoring her,I made my way towards the entrance of the house. I seriously needed one.

"Sleep? You want to fucking sleep when the world fucking war has started." She glared at me.
"What the hell?" I lazily turned up to her, agitation vivid on my whole body.
"I should be the one saying that." She rolled her eyes.
"Get to the point Shar. Tell me what is it." My mind had so much going on and this girl was getting on my nerves.

"You tell me, why were they fighting over you? Not just anywhere else but on my fucking porch?" She huffed.

"How would I know-wait who?"

"Who else- your fuck buddy and his best friend." She shrugged her shoulder,folding her arms to her chest and puckering her lips.

Adam? He came here?
Fought with his best friend- Ervin?

Oh ADAM...

Why?

It took me few seconds to process what she just told me.

Not again.
For fuck sake...

My mind had already turned into Hampton Court Maze.

I let out an aggravated breath,rubbing my temples.
"I feel the same." She mirrored my action.

"And that son of a bitch...One hour, just an hour of a time- I got to claim as a date with him.But now,he has been waiting for you for five freaking hours,gulping every beverage I had in the cooler. Explain to me Evelyn." I could see a frown marring her face.
I had nothing to explain to her,since I was clueless on my own.
"Where is he?"
"In the fucking backyard." She muttered.
Before making my way towards the yard,I turned up to her."Shar,it's nothing you have to should stress about.Can you please lend me some time?"
"Freaking bananas." She muttered under her breath and left banging her heels.

I caught a glimpse of him from afar. Several paces away-there he was laying on the raw grass of the backyard,impervious to the weeds poking him. His eyes squint-y,looking something above him-nothing.My feet refused to carry me there.
He probably saw me from his peripheral vision.Slowly,he got up mirroring the expression I had on my face.

"Hey." He awkwardly waved at me.

"Hey." I nodded.

Acknowledging the awkward silence, he blurted."Come over."
Calm down,Eve.
I had to face him sooner or later. I shouldn't make it more awkward.