Chapter 22-I'm a monster

Adam's POV

Shit
Shit.
What have I done?
I became a monster. I treated her so badly.

She...she is gone.
Her bedroom was empty with no trails of Sunshine's presence. The whole apartment felt empty. I sprawled on the floor inside her bedroom, clutching my hair, moping around ever since she left. I was to blame, I treated her like a piece of shit.
I never wanted this to happen. I never meant to hurt her.
I just wanted her to see how hurt I was knowing that she has a boyfriend.
Instead, I turned into a devil, scared her and hurt her.
What did I do?
I got so furious and agitated when I saw a guy kissing my woman's forehead in that picture. Everything went upside down after that. I did things I didn't meant to do. I was hurt.
I really was.
I never gave her a chance to explain in the fear that she would accept that the guy in fact was her boyfriend.
She had said yes.
I was not ready for that. Sunshine was mine.
She was mine.
I thought she would come back to me if I ignore her. She did. She tried talking to me so many times. But what did I do? Treat her like a slave. Made her run errands in the mid of the night?

Why?

My brain was wrecked. I couldn't think properly. I wanted to show that I own her. But it all turned very bad.
I'm stubborn and obstinate. I agree.
I always got what I wanted, one way or another. Sunshine was an exception, I couldn't get her affection,her concentration towards me even after I tried. This reality hit me so bad when I saw the picture. Immediately, I became a dangerous beast.
My feelings were sincere for the very first time. She knew I wanted her so badly. But still she distanced herself.
Why?
Why? Why did she came into my life and stirred my feelings?

How did she change me all of a sudden? She changed me into a puppy begging for her attention, my cold dark side completely melted. But then again she changed me into a fierce cold person.

I was to blame,right?
I should have respected her decision. It was her life, her rules. It was totally up to her to have a boyfriend.
Ugh...
The thought of Sunshine kissing another guy pricked my heart. I was so into her. There was no denying to it.
I tried so many times to console myself saying that she was only a maid. I do have standards... But it didn't help. Her beautiful smile. Her smell...roses and lilacs. I miss it.

I should've gone after her but instead I went to her room,sinked on the floor and recalled my behavior towards her.
"I always had this feeling that you were one of the nicest person I've ever met. But no, my speculations were wrong. You were just like my fath..."She paused. Tears were spilling from those beautiful eyes. I was responsible. I just gazed at her. Wiping her tears she had said," You're the worst. I never want to see you again Adam."
I felt an ache somewhere near my chest when she said that. It echoed in my brain.
She never wants to see me again?
How could I treat her that way? How could I blame her for having a boyfriend?

The phone pinged. A new message arrival alert.
Immediately I rummaged through the pocket in search of my cellphone. I hoped it was her. But...

+337544*****: Hughy boy, I miss you.

+33? A code of France. I immediately knew who it was. I was in no mood of replying that particular message. The phone pinged again.

+337544*****: Guess what? I'm coming home. ;) :D

My mood didn't light up but I felt a bit happy.

Me:See you then?

+337544*****: You better be coming to pick me up or else Imma kick your balls :/

It was so like her.

Me: I won't.

+337544*****: I know you will. 6 days to go. Start counting. Je t'aime. Au revoir

I got up from the floor, gave one last look to her room and went to my study room. Quickly, I opened one of the drawers where I used to keep old documents but now there were hair ties which belonged to her, a kitchen apron which she used to wear before she brought a new one. The blue box which contained the dress I bought for her. She agreed on wearing it someday. I haven't given it to her. People might think I was a creep,some kind of pervert.
I wasn't. How could I throw something that belonged to my Sunshine? Those hair ties, I found them on the couch or kitchen counter.

And there were her paychecks that were to be deposited in her account. At the corner, there was a contract which she signed after being appointed as my maid back at my parents house.

Name: Evelyn Rivers.
Address: London,England.

She hates me now. I ruined everything.

Back in my room, I saw those broken,scattered China pieces. I threw the coffee she made. I threw my temper at her.
I'm done.

I quit.

You're the worst.

I never want to see you again Adam.
I kept hearing those words. Frustrated. I threw everything that was on the table. Books,documents, lamp,macbook everything. She left after saying those words. I didn't know where she went to.

She was still clueless to the streets of New York...

Bad thoughts invaded my mind. No... No...

What if something happened to her? What did I do?

I ran. I ran out of my room out of the apartment, out of the building.

Cool,chilly breeze hit me on my face. The clouds looked darker. The roads were wet. It had rained earlier?

Was she really gone?

"Sunshine,where are you?" My heartbeat reached to the peak.

____________________________
Im really happy for the love you guys have given to this book. Thank you so much. Comment,vote.
Keep reading.