Chapter 66- Beautiful Memories

Evelyn's POV

I felt fingertips trace my nose and brush the hair from my face.  A soft lips then gently kissed my forehead; my eyes fluttered open.

Adam had an exuberant smile on his face. He looked elated. I coyly smiled back at him remembering  the delicious night with him. My smile further turned into a reddish blush as I reminisced every tiny details about the night when we both moaned, groaned, sighed soaring into the heavenly feeling that bound us together.

"You're up early." I murmured, gazing at his exhausted but beautiful looking face. All that sweaty and exhausting love we made all night had made us unconcerned regarding the time. We hadn't slept until the sun had thrown a orange-red hue over our head, seeping through the gaps of curtain from the window nearby our bed.

"I couldn't sleep." His groggy voice said as he caressed my exposed arms lovingly.

"Did I take up too much space while sleeping?" I tugged at the hem of the duvet that covered our bare bodies as I felt a slight shudder because of his touch.

He let out a chortle.

"No,I was thinking about us," he said, lowering his voice almost to a whisper."It is still hard to believe that you are mine now. The thing I've imagined and wished for countless times has finally come true..."
Leaning close to me, he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and place his warm hand on my face.
"I am the luckiest man in the whole world."

"Adam,I am really sorry for hiding my past." My eyes welled up realising I was almost in the verge of losing the man I loved the most.

"Shh! It's all right, Sunshine. Everything will be all right." A smile, a comforting  smile that assured me-everything will be okay-was painted across his face.
"I love you,you know." I took his hand resting on my face and laced my finger with his.

"I can't control myself when you say this...Fuck! I love you..." he let out an alluring groan.

Next moment, I could no longer feel where my hands were or where the rest of me was. All I could feel was the gentle pressure of his lips and the taut skin of his muscly  body against mine. We made love for hours again.

"Though, I have agreed to not go against your decisions but, Sunshine... I just cannot seem to hold this anger  for that-that disgusting man." 
Adam threw up his hands in rage, clenching his jaw every now and then. The spoon clattered onto his bowl of mushroom soup we were having.

"Adam, please..." I reached for his tensed hand and squeezed it a bit to calm him.

"Damn!right I am angry...how could you tolerate his cruelty for-"

"Adam, I understand that your anger is reasonable. But, I want nothing to do with my father. Yes, he tortured me, ruined my mental state however, I don't want to avenge myself. All, I want and always wanted was freedom. Is it so wrong to wish for a peaceful life?"

"Sunshine, I--"

"Please,don't do anything rash. I just want to live a low and steady life...with you." My throat felt dry and constricted trying to hold back the tears.
Adam's eyes softened as he got up from his chair,came forward and wiped a tear out of the way.

"I am sorry. I won't go against your decisions... never. But, I promise, if you ever come across him...I will protect you no matter what." He held me close, stroking my hair.

I rested my chin on his shoulder, breathing his musky cologne which was always able to  soothe my senses and calm me into tranquility.

"The soup is getting cold." No matter how much I loved his embrace and warmth, fundamental needs like hunger were the first priority. Besides, we hadn't ate anything for nearly eighteen hours because of the hot and heavy sessions of making love.