Chapter 16-Egg shells

Adam's POV

I awoke to the sound of my phone blaring its' ringtone. I groaned tiredly, throwing my arm out in a blind search for the phone. I finally felt the cool metallic texture of it under my fingers, and I picked it up, squinting at the bright screen to answer whoever was calling.
"Hello?" I answered, my throat dry and scratchy. I cough, attempting to get rid of my groggy voice.

"Hey yo mate." I immediately knew it was Ervin. Nobody would dare to call me early in the morning other than this guy called Ervin.
Hey,but wasn't he coming next week?

"What is it, Loser?"I groaned. I was happy that he finally came back from England,but I was pissed at him for calling this early. Last night, I went to the bed really late.
Last night...a smile made its way up to my lips.
Sunshine,she fell asleep on my arms and then I carried her tiny body up to her bedroom.She whimpered and curled up like a little kitten, when I gently laid her on the bed. Whatever she went through wasn't pleasant. I suppressed my curiosity regarding her past because I promised her that I would stop meeting Paisley, I never wanted to meet her anyway.
As I was about to go, a soft,warm hands wrapped around my wrist. I turned around to see Sunshine grabbing my hand, her hair shone beautifully under the light of the lamp shade. How could she be so beautiful?

"Please, Don't leave me." She said, I felt that my heart leaped up to my chest, I swear I forgot how to breathe. Her eyes reflected sadness. The girl who pretended to be fierce looked so vulnerable and fragile. Seeing her this way,it pinched my heart. I can't leave you,Sunshine. I pulled a stool with one hand, not wanting to leave the other one which was holding Sunshine's hand. "I'm here, I'm right here." I kissed the back of her palm. She smiled and slowly closed her eyes.
Her breathing eventually evened out, even in her sleep she looked so disturbed and troubled.I didn't even know how long I stayed watching her sleep.

"You there? Man... Hello?" I completely forgot that I was on the phone with Ervin on the other line. Did I just zone off? What the fuck was wrong with me?

"Yeah... I...what did you say?"
"Asshole, Get your ass here. I'm at your office." His voice sound irritated. I don't know how long was he talking while I was thinking about Sunshine.

"What are you doing there? Man, its only 7 am?" I asked him.

"Had nothing better to do. Callum told me you had an early meeting" He huffed.

"Canceled that. I'll be there soon."

"Yeah, yeah Fuck you." He hung up.

"Cooking time." I announced to myself as I made my way towards the kitchen. Sunshine was still sleeping, I guess, since she hadn't come out of her room. I had already decided I would make the breakfast today. I know I was totally useless when it comes to cooking, but I wanted to cheer her up, I wanted to see her smile.
I wasn't making anything fancy since I was total loser at kitchen,I decided to go with some toasts, scrambled eggs and of course the coffee.

I started working on the ingredients. An hour passed. By the time I finished, it was already 9 am. Once I finished the whole cooking thing, I started the plating. I thought I did a good job but the view of the kitchen beg to differ.
Fuck
I gasped, looking at the surrounding around me. It looked like... I don't know- a pig-shed?

"What the hell?"
I turned around to see Sunshine gaping at the surrounding, her jaw dropped a little. Then, her eyes landed on me.

"What did you do to the kitchen, Adam?" She questioned.

"Uh- I was trying to make this- " I raised the tray I was holding on my hands, "- and this happened." I said sheepishly.

She chuckled lightly, then her eyes landed on the tray I was holding. I thought she would jump and hug me or squeal like most girls would react but she didn't. She just kept on staring at the plate. It's not like I had cooked for other girls, I don't even cook for myself. But I did know how insanely a girl screams, when something like this happens.

I frowned. She didn't like it.

"Adam..." She choked out. I could see her eyes lit up.

"You-you are..."

"I am?" I asked.

"Impossible. You're impossible." She smiled heartily.
Gosh.
She was a killer. I would love to die every time to see her smile this- I don't even know the right word- amazingly?

"Come on, Let's eat." I placed the tray at a table beside the window, since the kitchen counter was messy as hell.

"So are we into this whole role reversal thing?" She asked while being seated at the chair I pulled for her.

"Fine by me, if you want to..." I winked at her.

"No, it's okay. I can't let a Master cook for his maid." She chuckled.

"Hey, don't call me that." I pouted like a kid, its amazing how she brings the real me out of a arrogant,stoic person I pretend to be.

She stabbed the fork into the eggs, ignoring me and put it in her mouth.

Crunch..

"Um-um..." She mumbled, pointing towards the tissue box placed in the counter. I immediately handed it to her.
Screw me, she nearly ate those egg shells.

"Sunshine, I'm sorry. I messed it up. I just wanted to make something for you." I hung my head.

"Hey, its tasty. Believe me it is." She grinned.

"But-"
"We can eat it after we get rid of these eggshells." She smiled a warm smile. The same eyes looked happy now that were blood shot red yesterday.
How could she perfectly hide all of her sorrows and act like nothing unpleasant had ever happened to her? I know there was something,something very troublesome that occurred in her life.

"Sunshine." I cupped her cheeks,she seemed startled by my sudden movement. Looking into her eyes I saw deep pools of blue that displayed her soul, her innocent soul. Those blue orbs had numerous pains and tears hidden inside them.
"Don't you ever hide your pain from me. I want to take those pain away, all of them."

Her hand slides over my hand, I thought she was removing my hands that cupped her cheeks. But she didn't."Thank you for staying by my side." She smiled.
My toes were tingling. I had no clue what came over and what happened after that but the next thing I knew was my lips were claiming her soft lips and I had totally forgotten how to breathe.

___________________________________
Do comment,vote.
Loads of love❤