Chapter 31-I'm not eager

Evelyn's POV

After breakfast,I told Sharon that I was going for a morning walk. I had no better reason to make.I mean I couldn't just tell that I'll be spending some time with her crush-who turns out to be my brother- and on the top of that,taking a DNA test to actually confirm it and prepare myself to accept it wholeheartedly. We both did accept the truth of us being the TWIN but there were so many questions, confusions to accept it fully.
The awkwardness between us was already gone, however we still hadn't got that close,the closeness in the sibling-ship.
I guess time will do that.
Ofcourse it won't happen in a day.

A skeptical look.
"Are you really going for a walk?"

"Yes." I nodded my head,my eyes looking everything else but her.

"Seriously,what are you hiding from me?"She frowned.

"Shar-"
"Yeah,yeah I know you need some fucking time to explain.Being an amazing best friend that I am, you've been given the time. But at least spill some tiny beans so I can somehow figure it myself or convince myself with it. There's a fucking pinch,a pinch in my heart. My best friend doesn't say anything to me. Yesterday morning she went to an unknown place and still hasn't told me where the fuck she had gone.Today,she is lying about going for a walk at 11 fucking am.Who the fuck goes to jog at 11 am?"

"Shar--"

"Fine, fine I'm nosy I know. I know. But it FUCKING HURTS OKAY? I'MMA HURT."Her arms were folded around her torso, her forehead depicted the lines,her eyes showing the sadness.

There were so so many things I hadn't told her about my past and now my present was a big confusion for me too. How am I supposed to tell her everything? If I told her about my father she might not accept me in fear and if somehow Dave found about me, he'll end up hurting everyone my heart cherished. I had to take the caution. I didn't want to lose her by telling the truth or lose her like Nathan.

I can't.
The same goes for Adam.
Haven't I lost him already?

Stirring the curiosity in them but hiding everything,I wanted them to understand me,accept me the way I was. I'm a pathetic person.
"Oh Shar." I came forward and embraced her.

"If you think,I'll be okay with just this.You're fucking wrong." She smirked, earning a laugh for me.

"I went to Moore's mansion to resign." I stated everything slowly, omitting the part where I went to the hotel,met her and learned the truth and everything became a jumble after that.

"Wait, how come I didn't get the invitation yet? I knew she was coming before everyone knew." She puckered her lips.

"Good morning, beautiful ladies." Kate announced flashing her smile.She came forward to where we were seated,holding a tray.

"Ones morning should start with a salad and a glass of healthy drink."She said in a sing-sang voice.Placing the tray in the coffee table,she took one of those green, hygienic looking drink and a bowl of fruit salad, signalling for us to do the same.

Sharon snorted,"It's already 11 am,it's not morning and preach your knowledge to someone else,no one is hearing you."She glanced at me for a moment and returned her gaze to Kate who was now seated beside us,watching some sort of news channel,filling her mouth with the healthy diet, completely ignoring us.
"Kate,I'm not eating this shit." She eyed the drink as if it was fluid from the gutter.
"You're supposed to drink it.Listen to mommy,don't be a bad girl." Kate winked.

"Don't talk to me that way.I'm already an adult."

"You're still the six years old Sharon to me sweety."
Sharon had told me that Kate had left her at her newly married father's doorstep when she was only six years old.