Chapter 54-Why and How?

Evelyn's POV

"I want to ride,"

"Well-uh..."

"—with you."

"That'll take like forever," he sighed.

"Please!I've never been to any of these—let alone ride that." I pointed at the enormous Ferris wheel that calmly stood ahead of us.
Honestly it was my first time seeing a Ferris Wheel this close.
Odd?
I know.
I had a rough childhood.
"For real?" Adam looked at my face astonishingly.

I nodded,"Nobody took me."
Clearly nobody.
It was impossible for a prisoner like me to go to such places.
Fun,recreation?
Dave banned every single sources of it. I remember silently listening to all of my classmates stories and adventures and imagining myself in them.

His gaze danced on my face for a while before he cheerfully smiled and agreed without any questioning.My heart buzzed with excitement like that of a ten year old.
"Reliving the childhood,they say."Adam said eyeing the elongated crowded line leading to entrance gate of the wheel.
It was more of 'living' the childhood for me.
"Let's roam the place first and then go to ride.How 'bout that?" Adam scrutinized the heads of the assembly of people in front of us. The line was just too long.
It wasn't a bad idea. I nodded.

The warm bright sun had already been replaced by the purple clouds. New booths and stalls were added and the crowd had doubled up.

"Ooh I'm so ready!"Adam smiled with a deterministic gleam dancing in his eyes.
We stood ahead of a booth—knocking  bottles off a stand with balls.He fiddled those small neon balls in hands and eyed those green bottles.

"Three bottles down and you win."The woman in the booth said. He pulled back his arm and flung the green ball.

Whoosh!
The ball bounced knocking two bottles at once. The third one was wobbling to fall of the stand. I gaped at his direction with awe. The woman in the booth seemed to be mirroring my expression when the third bottle toppled.
"Sweet!"He grinned like a kid at his victory. He then turned to me and passed me a wink.
"What would you like?" the woman asked. Inspecting the cute stuffs decorated in the showcase,my eyes happily landed on a peculiar stuffed toy.
"That!" I pointed at it. The woman picked it up and handed it to me with a not so bright smile.
"Spider?" Adam scrutinized the brown plush toy spider which was nearly big as the size of his head.
I shook my head and smiled.
"Tarantula!"
His eyes danced at it for a moment and then he smiled a heartcrushing  smile probably recalling the memory of him stealing a kiss from me.
"Tarantula." He repeated without breaking his smile and kissed me.

We hit all the game booths,roamed around the grounds stopping at every stalls. Adam was impeccably good at all the games while I on the other hand was a total sucker.  After loading our more like Adam's prizes he won in the car—containing wrapped boxes,plush toys, some flavoured lollies,my tarantula—we went back to ride the ferris wheel finally.
We got seated opposite to eachother and fortunately the giant wheel stopped right on the top after a couple of hair-raising rounds. I was thrilled beyond anyone's imagination.
It was my first ever experience and Adam's  presence made it much better.
The city lights were like shining diamonds with vibrant colors;it was utterly mesmerizing. Just as I had wanted in the moment, Adam gave me a pleasant kiss and a wonderful  hug.
All those games and excitement of the fair had made me immensely happy and his embrace, his warmth amplified it to the next level.
I could tell without any form of doubt how much I was loving this moment,how much I had wanted to hold him and be in his arms this whole week. I might not ever reciprocate his feelings, confess my infinite affection for him however one thing I was sure of was that I would never want to part away from him.