Chapter 46-Please go away!

Evelyn's POV

It felt as if I woke up from deep, paralyzing sleep. My visions started to get a clear view of the surrounding as I rapidly blinked my eyes. The whole room smelled like a strong antiseptic.
A smell I hated the most.

My brain was trying too hard to analyse my surrounding as I saw a man resting his head near me, his eyes closed,his hands holding mine.

Adam!

I slowly tried getting up to feel a throbbing pain in my left arm. It was covered in a cast and my right one had all those weird wire, pierced inside my skin.

I tried forcing my brain to remember...

The last thing I knew was meeting Ervin, Paisley...Paisley.

Oh Paise!

Carefully, I tried retreating my wired hand from his hold not wanting to disrupt his sleep. However that didn't work,he got up from his nap and eyed me with astonishment. He looked tired.

"Sunshine." He barely managed to say.

Enveloping me into his hug, he planted kiss everywhere from my hair to face,to my hands.

"I was so scared, Sunshine." He buried his neck in my hair.

"I'm okay Adam." I softly whispered.

"I'm glad that you are.... Doctor-Doctor." He shouted on the top of his lungs.

Immediately, few of them entered the room to examine my condition.

"It's a miracle that you've no major injuries even when you fell from such a height." One of them beamed at me.

"I would like to talk to her guardian." The doctor asserted to Adam.

"I'm right here." Ervin suddenly popped inside the room out of nowhere. He always does that.
"V." He smiled. He looked sad.

"She's completely fine. You can carry out her discharge process. Seeing how strong her body is, even without a spleen, it's really unbelievable." The doctor said to Ervin.

"What?" Adam and Ervin both questioned in unison.

"Yeah,she has had a splenectomy before. She seems like a strong person." Smiling at me,the doctor exited the room.

"You don't have a spleen? " Ervin asked after the other doctors made their exit.

"How can you not have a spleen?"Adam inquired.

"Is it from the accident you had three years ago?" Ervin further interrogated.

"What accident? You got an accident?" Adam question.

"Guys,stop it. My head hurts." I close my eyes as dizziness engulfed me for a moment.

"Sorry, she just woke up." One said.

"Right, she got concussion." The other one asserted.

"I'm really sorry,V. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have showed up at my office and this wouldn't have happened." Ervin came forward for a hug.

"It's not your fault,Vin. She would have retaliated anyway."

"It was Paisley,right? I should've just killed that b*tch just like Sharon told me." Ervin gritted his teeth.

"She will rot in jail." Adam clenched his jaw.

"What? Where's she?"

"She's under police custody as a prime suspect. They are waiting for you to wake up and listen to your explanation. Just a nod from you and she'll be behind bars." Ervin answered with a gleam on his eyes."Too bad the CCTV camera near the stairs got sabotaged and your accident couldn't be captured.We couldn't directly blame her. But the footage outside the stairs had shown her going towards the stairs and you also. Later,it was seen that she seemed to be running hastily towards the exit.I'm sure she planned it all."